Working on a book - Help me out!

Cassel

3 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Hi all,

only just discovered this discussion.
I'm still too much of a beginner for PSP to be able to recommend anything, but I've been scrapbooking long enough to know the drill.

I started in 2005 and have heard that it is a separate industry in the USA. And that there are several styles. We in Europe scrapbooked the photorealistic 3D style back then. So we cut out parts from photos and pictures as deco (of course in compliance with copyright law, which is particularly strict in Germany). But fashions also change in the Scraobbook. Now more 2D, comic style or multimedia mix is popular. Lots of good tips have already been given here for a physical book.

I have another thought that's bothering me right now. When writing a will today, you also have to include the digital data on your own computers in a will so that heirs can then deregister digital registrations in banks, insurance companies, forums, social media, etc. But what do I do with my external drives full of digitally purchased kits that have cost me a lot of money in total and over the years of purchase. How do I pass this on? The money is too good for me to delete because it could be used by an heir who is interested in it. I also see it as a destruction of artistic works if it were simply deleted.
Of course it will also depend on the laws of the country we come from, but have you thought about what will happen to your scrap treasures after your transition? Or maybe you already have experience on how to handle this? What the heirs then do with it is of course their own business, and this also applies to private photos that they cannot do anything with. We don't have any direct heirs, but we have a good connection to other younger relatives. I'll talk to them soon about... this scrap thing. I have a younger sister-in-law who is also very talented in art and works with digital self-expression, she plots and has a digital shop.

I'm interested in your answers.

I have wondered about my photography images after I am gone.  I have no kids and I think, it will just be all gone, who would want them?  It really is something to think about isn't it.  When a relative passes, does anyone remember about the computer and what might be on it?  I have to say, other than thinking all my photos will be just gone(when the computer gets recycled), I had never really thought about the works I have created with the photos.  I am interested in what others think as well.  

• Sad 1