What are some of your go-to scripts from the CreationCassel store?

Suzy

Hi, all, I'm getting confused on my scripts = If I have triangles 4, do I need Triangles 2? If I have Glitter B, do I need Glitter C?  Edge Magic, I have, but what is Edge Magic 2? There are just so many of them with multiple choices!

What are some of your go-tos?

I love the tool scripts especially - circular element, mitered corner frame, element stacker, and Whitener!  Plus guidelines which I had to be brought into kicking and screaming but now I use them ALL the TIME!  Plus those word frames (1-5) I'm still learning about.

24 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Hi, all, I'm getting confused on my scripts = If I have triangles 4, do I need Triangles 2? If I have Glitter B, do I need Glitter C?  Edge Magic, I have, but what is Edge Magic 2? There are just so many of them with multiple choices!

None of the scripts have "prerequisites". If they are called 1, 2, 3, or A, B, C, it is only because they are different scripts while having some similarities. It is like the Bows scripts. I can't find a meaningful name for 20+ different looks! It is like in the Campus tutorials: several tutorials involve triangles, so I named them 1, 2, 3, etc. 

I'm just whining - we leave for Thanksgiving in a few hours and I'll be on the road for any Black Friday sales and I don't know what I want to buy at any store! Sweet Shoppe Designs has their biggest sale of the year on Black Friday, but other places, have smaller sales, too. Well, like the Creation Cassel store, a lot of places have only hinted at a sale.  I'm starting to worry I won't have time to actually shop since it's a family holiday.

I use Edge Magic a lot - how is Edge Magic2 different? Actually, I can't find it in the store using search. Did you pull  it? It's a tool script, right?

4 hours ago, Suzy said:

I use Edge Magic a lot - how is Edge Magic2 different? Actually, I can't find it in the store using search. Did you pull  it? It's a tool script, right?

I don't see Edge Magic 2 in the store or in the backend. And nothing on my computer with that name either so maybe it was a totally different script with a different name.

As to your original question about go-to scripts, these are mine:

Raster to Mask: to place photos on the templates I've bought from designers

Merge Group Rename: always use after placing photo in Raster to Mask to keep the photo name. I drag my photo directly into the layers palette which keeps the original file name. Using this script keeps that name which then shows in the credit list compile. 

Credit List Compile: I mainly use designer kits so I use this so that if I post to a gallery I can credit the designer

Guiding Lines: I use this when I think of it!!!

I do have a lot of the element scripts but since I mainly use designer kits, I haven't used them much. However, if there is another Build-A-Kit Workshop, I will be using them! Some of those are the plaid paper scripts, Ribbon Factory, Custom Kit Ribbons, Buttons and Labels and various bow scripts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My favorites: custom directional tube; raster to mask; scatter brush; scattered elements; seamless tiling; all the bow scripts; curling ribbon; custom calendar; glitter B; guiding lines. Just to name a few. I have some new ones that I haven't tried yet. I especially love creating glitters.

Christmasglitter.jpg

dstealandgoldglitter.jpg

purplecassglitter.jpg

• Like 2

Hello! happy New Year!

I somehow lost my “follow” tag on this thread, so I didn’ t see these replies.

ok. First, Rene, I hope you are well and the second surgery is still on full steam ahead mode.

I bought Raster to Mask.  Have not used it yet, tho. I do not understand  “Merge Group Rename” to keep the name of the photo…all my photo are DSC_2327 or something. And that list compile is one reason why I don’t post to any galleries.

You may have seen a post from me somewhere complaining about guidelines and how long it takes to make them….guess what? That was a 10+ year old complaint and Carole had used me as a tester when she made the script back in the day! I forgot I had it because all I have is the test script, c_Guidelines. Get it? It’s out of alpha order with the Cass list of scripts!  I found it about a month ago and couldn’t believe how fast and how well it worked. I use it so much I’m going to bind it! 

and Donna, dang it! You were a day late in answering! (A day after the sale!  LOL! 🙂 ). Actually, I have at least one scatter….i just have to see which one. And I have one glitter, likewise, I have to look up which one it is.  But I want to add the other scatter and make sure it’s Glitter B I have, because those glitters are wonderful! I have never seen multicolor like that - the most multi I’ve seen is light and dark of the same exact color. I would like to know how they print. Do they look glittery? I’d like to make some for next Christmas.  I need to make a big batch of gift labels and tags on that expensive sticky paper. Like this one. UNLESS somebody knows a better product. I’m stuck in the 1990s sometimes. https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Printable-Rectangle-Oil-Resistant-Printer/dp/B0B87XD54X/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1POCB4HI2M0OM&keywords=sticker%2Blabels%2Bfor%2B"laser"%2Bprinter%2Bglossy&qid=1704316120&sprefix=sticker%2Blabels%2Bfor%2Blaser%2Bprinter%2Bglossy%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-7&th=1