Doska-modul 2-basic course

Doska St.

Ok, thanks Carole and Sue,

I'll take a look at it now. I hope PSP isn't as complicated in settings as PS was.

Edit:

It worked. It was cleaner with the layers when I painted the pentool seam onto a new canvas.

It's just a bit more tedious for me to do translation work in the video. Unlike Googletranslate, deepl translated the word "warp" as "Verwerfung" in german (refers to the tight rounding of the seam around the ellipse). I will now translate the written Tut in the PDF file before I continue with further stitching.

It's great if I can add seams to Scrap using the program instead of always looking for finished PNGs. Saves digital storage. I'll then experiment with a few favorite fonts.
Thanks again for the boosting help.

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I'll continue writing here. My masterclass starts tomorrow. I've just had a look at all the lessons. I am pleased that they are mainly made for scrapbooking. I still have a question. I like to make 3-part woven patterns with ribbons, strings or paper strips as border decoration. Is there a script for PSP that makes this possible, perhaps even with several strands? It is an immense amount of erasing work the larger the woven piece becomes.

Here is an exampel what I mean:

Catzia-BlumendesSommers.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Carole,

unfortunately, I had to cancel the masterclass webinar yesterday. It was too fast for me, I couldn't keep up with the tinkering and it was too late in the evening. I had already spent the whole day making graphic preparations for Advent/Christmas/birthday and was very tired. As a Diamond winner, I will rework the videos in peace, at my own pace (pause video). But nice that I could experience you live Carole.

Have a nice week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doska St. said:

But nice that I could experience you live Carole

Too bad I didn't see you! 🙂 But yeah. I try to remind people who are live to just enjoy watching and not worry about taking notes, or worse, trying to work along, since the replay will be available afterward!

• Like 3

Hi dear ones,

Even though I'm not showing or writing anything here at the moment, I'm committed to learning PSP. Through a blog link I found a German forum that teaches PSP written tutorials. I'm now learning how to use the important tools. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to show teaching results there in other forums, but anyone who is in the DS can see from my latest scraps that I used the Messystitches from Caroles Fontstitches ("What if...") I already have a current watermark created with my current nickname. I just wanted to wish you a nice 2nd Advent weekend

DS-2-Advent-21_1221.jpg

• Like 1

I am glad you found a forum in your language. I find it a little strange that you can't share what you do. They don't want publicity?

Hopefully, it will answer your questions but if you have more, come back here and ask!

Would you mind sharing the link to their forum? Maybe other German-speaking members would be curious about it.

• Love 1

Good 2. Advent morning Corel,

thank you for your understanding answer. Yes, in my opinion the forum is very restrictive but also very versatile, but that may also be due to the stricter German copyright law and the fact that violations of it can be quite expensive for a forum admin.

Edit:

Sorry, I can no longer recommend this German forum. I'm out again, too rude in tone and excessive credit demands. This "leadership" is simply driven by fear and has no trust in the members to handle the material and the credits responsibly. A pure copy police. It's no fun to share something

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Carole and Members,

as a scrapbooker, I always want to attach buttons realistically with threads. Now all I want to do with PSP is create the two cross threads and two in a cross shape with realistic looking threads that I can then use and color for any button. Which masterclass video would be suitable for creating these threads as png or psd files or is there already a script?

12 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

as a scrapbooker, I always want to attach buttons realistically with threads. Now all I want to do with PSP is create the two cross threads and two in a cross shape with realistic looking threads that I can then use and color for any button. Which masterclass video would be suitable for creating these threads as png or psd files or is there already a script?

You can use a picture tube of a thread. There might be one already available in PSP, depending on your version, or you can create your own with the String tutorial in the list of tutorials.

Then, it is a matter of adding some darker shading on the right side and lighter shading on the left side.

I am pretty sure that was illustrated in a class, at one point, but I really can't figure out. If you want, you can add that to the Q&A for this month, and I'll add the idea to a possible full-length class, later on, all about buttons.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cassel said:

You can use a picture tube of a thread. There might be one already available in PSP, depending on your version, or you can create your own with the String tutorial in the list of tutorials.

Then, it is a matter of adding some darker shading on the right side and lighter shading on the left side.

I am pretty sure that was illustrated in a class, at one point, but I really can't figure out. If you want, you can add that to the Q&A for this month, and I'll add the idea to a possible full-length class, later on, all about buttons.

I has asked about this and I think you illustrated it in a Q&A... April 2023.

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I has asked about this and I think you illustrated it in a Q&A... April 2023.

Thank you Rene, I found this Video from Q+A April 2023 but I also want other threads that are twisted like embroidery thread, or two-tone thread. But Carole's idea is also a good one, real threads spread out long and photographed (not as bundles or balls like wool) as a tube and then cut to size as needed.

20 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

with your permission I have your Santakiss photo in my gallery from the scrap course. I hope 700x700px is ok?

That is fine. Thanks. You can share it in the What are you working on? thread too! 🙂