Doska - Modul 1- basic course

Doska St.

Hi Carole,

So, the first scrap module with PSP would be done. I hope this is the right place to show the result? And are I allowed to ask any questions I have here?

Journaling: The visit to Europapark Rust was a birthday present from my husband in 2012

large.DS-Modul1-RC_600px_1023.jpg.02692bf0a18619d4ceb91aacda2fc34f.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you Carole,

Bootcamp? Is that the Basic Course for Newbies with PSP? Basic Course is this only for Scraps? I thought bootcamp was an umbrella term for school for beginners. Wow, I must have misunderstood something. Where do I go to the practical part of boot camp?

Edited by Doska St.

The Bootcamp started yesterday. It starts with the program installation, and explaining "Layers" (with my famous sandwich exercise) so even if you just go quickly over them, you would be fine. The Basic Scrap Course is "one step above", and usually the step after the bootcamp.

Did you get the emails for the Bootcamp? If not, check your spam. There should have been one email sent on Sunday with the Subject "Are you ready?", then the first lesson yesterday and the second one a couple of hours ago.

Looking further, I see you registered, but it is possible that the emails were never sent to you (no idea why). Let me get this going for you. Did you happen to use a different email maybe?

Hi Carole,

This is the first time I've seen this introduction that you just sent me. I received a lot of comments, but deleted them after reading them. There was nothing in the spam folder. Please send me the preset and sandwich tutorials again, please. I just started the basic course for Scrap yesterday because I couldn't find anything else in the forum and, as I said, I understood bootcamp to be a school term for beginners. Sorry if it's inconvenient, but I haven't gotten through the depths of your forum yet?

9 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

This is the first time I've seen this introduction that you just sent me. I received a lot of comments, but deleted them after reading them. There was nothing in the spam folder. Please send me the preset and sandwich tutorials again, please. I just started the basic course for Scrap yesterday because I couldn't find anything else in the forum and, as I said, I understood bootcamp to be a school term for beginners. Sorry if it's inconvenient, but I haven't gotten through the depths of your forum yet?

Every forum works slightly differently. Don't worry. Even in the Campus, I changed the forum platform in January and the regulars had to get used to something new.

You should be getting the other emails within an hour or so.

Ok thanks, Carole. I have now created a collection folder in my email account for the important boot camp emails and then they will only be deleted once they have been processed. So the tutorials are only sent by email and cannot be accessed in the forum (videos).

1 minute ago, Doska St. said:

Ok thanks, Carole. I have now created a collection folder in my email account for the important boot camp emails and then they will only be deleted once they have been processed. So the tutorials are only sent by email and cannot be accessed in the forum (videos).

The links to the tutorials (along with a password) is sent by email. The videos are on the site itself (not the forum). Then, participants will post in the Bootcamp thread here: https://scrapbookcampus.com/invision/forums/topic/1548-scrapbook-bootcamp-october-2023/

You can already browse it. 

It seems like Firefox might be the issue. It is not the first time. For the Bootcamp, I had to re-rendered all the videos. I am not sure why but it works for me now, but someone else has issues. Do you have another browser you can test with?

Hi Carole,

after an exciting morning, unpleasant phone calls, video worked, then didn't work again, sound went away, the video didn't work in Window Edge either. Then I researched online and found some browser settings that could be responsible. When I then entered your website as "Manage exceptions", the video worked again with sound. Now I was able to watch and listen to Day 2 lessons in full.
Compliments, even without subtitles in the video, I understand your English very well. By the way, I have German terms in the toolbars, but they are in the same place as the English terms.

I'm happy to be able to move on now. The layers are no stranger to me, as I also have them in PI X3 and have already taken a PS course after 2010.

Thank you very much for help?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Then I researched online and found some browser settings that could be responsible. When I then entered your website as "Manage exceptions", the video worked again with sound. Now I was able to watch and listen to Day 2 lessons in full.

Could you share what settings those were? It might help me help others if they have similar issues.