August 1-2-3 Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1-2-3-Challenge.jpg

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a new monthly challenge for you. Every month, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2 and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see.

Create a layout using :

1 definition

2 slides (could be a way to frame photos)

3 cardboard elements

As for the other elements, you can have any number of them. You can have buttons, papers, flowers, mats, etc.

Are you up to it?

To help you out, here is a link that you can use:

cardboard tutorial  (the tutorial is accessible to our Diamond members)

And if you are not familiar with "definitions" in a layout, it is a way to emphasize a single word (often in the title). Here are some examples you can use (those are free) or get inspired by:

https://www.pixelscrapper.com/marisa-lerin/kits/inspire-definitions-kit-black

https://www.pixelscrapper.com/marisa-lerin/kits/travel-definitions-word-art-kit-black

Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Once again an intriguing challenge, really had me thinking! Anyway this is my contribution. The Club In The Scrub is one of those must visit places when travelling to the opal country of NSW. Lightning Ridge is where black opals are mined, and it is a fascinating place with some interesting characters. Conditions are hard, but a mining licence is cheap and the shacks they live in are very basic so cost of living is very low. Mind you opals are few and far between so nobody makes a fortune.

The definition is of "Scrub", the two slides show the Club and the three cardboard elements (two flairs and the border) are from a set called "Cardboard Jungle" from Studio Linda Renee. I used a photo of the golf course as part of the background, 50% opacity with a layer style of luminence.

Marlene..  love the way you have combined all the components required for this challenge into your layout... the colours, photo and your definition word "Scrub" was a great choice. Well done!

Here is my contribution to this 1-2-3-Challenge for August.  The sentiment is from a purchased digital stamp set .

1 -Definition ---Chose the word "Flower"

2 - Slides ---Used the Slide Mount Frame in PSP  on the photos. I changed the colour of frames and added some paper texture to them.

3 -Cardboard Elements --- Side border used Cassel's Painted Cardboard Waves freebie.....Bottom circle frame used Cassel's Painted cardboard frame freebie...... the flower shape  I used Cassel's Painted Cardboard Script and added a button

Dawn.

Cristina, thank you for your kind comment.... the flower photos were taken by my sister-in-law... the bottom one is a Desert Rose that she has growing in her garden.... the other one I don't know the name of ... was probably taken on one of their travels.

This is my contribution to this challenge.

1 definition: Carpe Diem

2 slides: I also used PSP slide mount frame

3 cardboards elements: I made the mat with a cardboard texture. The arrow and heart were made with cass-PaintedCardboard script.

The background paper is from KAagard-Great Outdoors Kit

Hi Cristina, the photos you chose look good in the slide mount frames for your definition word "Carpe Diem"....   I really like the way you have done your layout. the cardboard textured mat you have made looks really good. Cassel's Painted Cardboard Script is also a  handy script to have in our collection isn't it....  the arrow and heart you created look great... . A very nice page Cristina...well done!         Best Wishes to you...

Dawn.