lowercase and uppercase

Jannette Nieuwboer

Did you know this? Me not til today.? Maybe some of you do not know ider.

I have a dingbat font that's called FRAMES. I never used it before cause there were always those strange window icons that popped up when I pressed the lowercase. But when I press the uppercase my frame pops up. Always learn something new when I'm doing "homework".  In both situations, I typed hi. 

lower and upper case.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I have a font that's called FRAMES. I never used it before cause there were always those strange window icons that popped up when I pressed the lowercase. But when I press the uppercase my frame pops up. Always learn something new when I'm doing "homework".  In both situations, I typed hi. 

Yes, when it comes to dingbats, or fancy fonts, the designers might not always create something for all the keys. Sometimes, it will miss digits, or punctuation marks, etc. Even when I create fonts, I don't always have something for every possible keystroke.

Good observation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, Cassel said:

Yes, when it comes to dingbats, or fancy fonts, the designers might not always create something for all the keys. Sometimes, it will miss digits, or punctuation marks, etc. Even when I create fonts, I don't always have something for every possible keystroke.

Good observation!

On 9/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, Cassel said:

Good observation!

I find it better to open many dingbats,  such as frames and vector clipart in Character map, or some other similar program.  That way you can select what you are looking for, instead of  selecting all the keys on the keyboard until you find the one you want.  Upper case is quite often the norm for dingbats etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2