Texttool issue

libera

During the last weeks I discovered that my PSP (2021 Ultimate) every time remembers the same word I wrote in a last layout. 
For example yesterday I exercised Carole's "Punched detailed" handout. As soon as I wanted to write the text, the last written appeared again, even if I didn't save it before. Later on I made another try, (closed PSP completeley before), PSP showed first the last word and afterwards the cutout effect! just by a simple click out of the word. Don't know how to get rid of this ?!

texttool 1-w.jpg

texttool 2-w.jpg

• WOW 1

3 hours ago, libera said:

During the last weeks I discovered that my PSP (2021 Ultimate) every time remembers the same word I wrote in a last layout. 
For example yesterday I exercised Carole's "Punched detailed" handout. As soon as I wanted to write the text, the last written appeared again, even if I didn't save it before. Later on I made another try, (closed PSP completeley before), PSP showed first the last word and afterwards the cutout effect! just by a simple click out of the word. Don't know how to get rid of this ?!

texttool 1-w.jpg

texttool 2-w.jpg

In the text toolbar,  after the vector shape icon, you'll see a small box with a T in it,  if you have selected it, it will   remember the text last used.  You'll need to unclick it. to resolve your issue.

• Like 2

Thanks Carole and Sue,
I know this hidden part of the text toolbar, I never selected "remember text", I do not need this, I rarely use this part of the toolbar and when, it is to change "mitter limit" or "kerning". I made several tests and I noticed this function doesn't react as it should and stays often activated, even if I unklick. Testing it in PSP 2019 I do not have this issue.

Although I never use that in my scripts, IF you happen to use a script that uses that command, it stays there. That is the way all the tools in PSP are set: they stay as last used. Another thing is that it is easy to accidentally drag the cursor on an icon and toggle it. I have done that if I drop my mouse, or if I have a twitch on my hand/wrist and at the time, I don't notice that it has clicked on something.

At least, when you know what is causing a particular effect, you can go back and check that setting.

• Like 1

Thanks again, Carole, of course I thought about it and could have made a click unconsciously, but used this part of the textool the first time for months working on your "punched" handout monday, where I had to choose "create as a selection". But the issue persisted more than 3 weeks. I will look at the last scripts I installed. Right now I just remember Vector Tube and Auto Tuber but may be Corel scripts too the last month, otherwise only cass-scripts.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, libera said:

Thanks again, Carole, of course I thought about it and could have made a click unconsciously, but used this part of the textool the first time for months working on your "punched" handout monday, where I had to choose "create as a selection". But the issue persisted more than 3 weeks. I will look at the last scripts I installed. Right now I just remember Vector Tube and Auto Tuber but may be Corel scripts too the last month, otherwise only cass-scripts.

It it was once. Some time ago that I accidently clicked on the remember  text icon. From what I  remember  it wasn't  a simple case of unclicking that icon. After several tries I  closed the program after deselecting, and to be on the safe side  I  also closed the laptop. For that tool  not function. Give it a try.

• Like 1

Mine text button is also clicked and I love it! I cannot tell you the number of times I have been dissatisfied with a long (or short) string of text, only to click and its all right there, ready for me to add a comma or change it slightly.  I have been very happy not to have to remember it, to type it again. It's easy enough to click and hit the delete or other key and change it to the new text.

• Like 2

Thanks Sue, I did already the same things that you did. I can confirm, It took me much time trying to get rid of this effect, so many clicks, closing the file, closing PSP, shutting down the whole system. But as I said before, it appeared last month for the first time and I didn't use this part of the textool at this time, so no accidental click. As Carole mentioned that a script could be also a result of this and as I installed some last month.... so just gained another experience.

Thanks Suzy, if you repeat often the same text, that's surely fine for you and yes of course after all it's easy to delete and write something different, choose another font and so on...My irritation was simply I didn't know what happened and tried to find it out.

Thanks @ all together taking time for your help and comments ?!