Favorite plugin

Cassel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cassell. I have far too many plugins that I probably will never use but you know what its like, you just got to have whats available especially if  its free. I have done a simple frame with a corner tube top left. To get the placement of the other 3  right I used the plugin Simple, top left mirror and hey ho, they all get done for you. The other one was a challenge image and I used plugin VM Natural, Sparkle before animating it. I like Filters Unlimited a lot because you can play with loads of them before or if you settle on one for your project. I have KPT collection but really need to get to grips with it.

Hope you can see them ok.   Sheila H

. https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t460/sgh11/Frame-SG12-10-2014_zpse6f7c34f.pnghttps://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t460/sgh11/Tubes%20and%20Things/MA-FridayChallenge-SGH-18-04-2014_zpse8d953e2.gif

Yipee, there here. Thought PB was having a hissy fit.

Sheila xx

Thanks Sheila. I added some links in your post to download those plugins.

I didn't add the link to the KPT Collection as it was part of one version of PSP. I could not find a reliable source for that plugin. Same for Simple. I found one source, but I would not be too sure of its reliability. If anyone else has one, please share.

Hi Maureen,

For the filters which do not work with PSP, verify if in Windows / system folder the following dlls:

plugin.dll

Msvcrt.dll

Msvcrt10.dll

Otherwise, download them:

https://punkinstuff.tripod.com/zips/Plugin.zip

https://punkinstuff.tripod.com/zips/Msvcrt.zip

https://punkinstuff.tripod.com/zips/Msvcrt10.zip

Unzip into:  Windows/System Folder and reboot PSP.

Mireille

Hi Cassel,

Plugs of PSP:

Halftone

Kaleidoscope

Seamless

Textures

Chrome

Hot wax

3D effects

My favorite filters other than those of PSP are:

Simple

Texturizer (plug Photoshop)

EYE CANDY

VM ( all )

Mura's cloud and copies

filters Unlimited

Mireille

• 2 months later...

I notice lots of plugins aren't available anymore as they used to be :( I have some plugins but don't know where to put them in a plugins folder. i forgot lots now after years of not playing.. still missing 7.4 patch for old version.. it is ok i still have version 8, 9, 11 and 17....

Many older plugins are no longer compatible with newer machines, or newer PSP versions. That is too bad that the plugin authors are not updating them. Some are really old!

Usually, plugins needs to be placed in the Plugins folder of PSP, or another folder where PSP will be directed. If they work, they will show up. However, some plugins will need an installation process, like if they have a .exe file (like Super Blade Pro, or EyeCandy i think).

On the site, i have patches starting at version 8, but i can look into patches for versions before that. Stay tuned.

• 9 months later...
I've been using PSP7 since early 2000 - lol! I have hundreds if not a thousand plugins and for most part they all work in windows 7 on PSP7. They do not however work in the X versions of PSP. I have both PSP7 & X7 open all the time when I'm doing graphics. Each has it's good points. I would be happy to share any older plugins.

• 8 months later...

I just got psp X8, I was the lucky one that got it on the contest a few weeks ago, (thanks again Cassel, I am really very happy with it)

So I'm trying to get used to it and work in it. Got my workspace set up with my favorite tools. Did all the file locations to be sure to be able to have all brushes etc.

Now I'm trying to get my plug ins working, but X8 doesn't see any of them.

I love MuRa's Meister, but X8 doesn't see it. it works great in X2 but I would like to know if it's possible to get it work in pspX8 (64 bit), same thing for filters unlimited.

Is it possible to also intal Eye Candy 5? I already have it installed in X2, can I also instal it in X8 or will that give problems?

thanks for your help

Eileen, remember that when you install X8, you are likely to be installing two versions: one 32 bits and on 64 bits. Most plugins are only working on the 32 bits version of PSP (because the creators never updated them). Once you point the preference to your plugin folder, many of those plugins should show up in the 32 bits version. For Eye Candy 5, I don't know. I don't have it, and i have heard some people say they installed EC without issues with X8, while the manufacturer says they don't support PSP. So, i would suggest you give it a try.

Are you sure you installed both? They should be easy to identify: Start > All programs then navigate to Corel Paintshop Pro X8 and there you will see one with the mention of (64 bits) and the other has no mention. That is, obviously the 32 bits.

If you don't see both, maybe you didn't install both. That is a common mistake for someone who has a 64 bits machine to think they need to install only the 64 bits version.

I did find that, I just thought it was the same version, but now I see a little 32 in the corner of the thumbnail. So I opened that one, and in fact that one is seeing one more plug in altough I have no Idea what it is, named KTP collection. Changed the preference to my plugin folder. And now it's seeing Mura's meister and some other filters, like filters unlimited. No Eye candy yet (only an old version 3.1 I have too) but normally I have to install Eye Candy 5. I did it for psp x2 so maybe I have to reinstall it for this one, will try that out.

I do see my own workspace there too. Some of the preferences I made in the 64 version are there, others not and I have to repoint them.

Is there any other difference between the 64 and 32 version? Or is it exactly the same?

There is no basic difference between the two versions. The only thing with the 64 bits is that it should be able to handle bigger images requiring more resources, but for normal use, it does not make any difference at all. All the tools and functions are the same. Most long time PSP users just use the 32 bits version so they can access their favorite plugins.

One thing though: not all plugins are going to be compatible with X8, especially the oldest ones.

Whatever preferences or customization you set for one version of X8, it will carry over to the other. Isn't that cool?

thanks for the answer. Pretty cool if all custimization is done in both a the same time. So I'll go for the 32 bit version and see if I can get Eye candy installed. If not, well I'll use that one in PSPX2.

I still didn't use all tools. I just started to design some images like journal card etc. Will go and try the text tool next.

Some tools gives me surprises as the windows with that opens with the settings are a bit different.

Have to get used to the little pictogrammes in my toolbar too as most are slightly different from the old version.

I have had a bit of a problem getting the filters within EC 5 Impact to show up but a spark of brilliance occurred and I directed PSP X8 to go to where I had it installed, which was on the c drive but I didn't just use the direction to just that but went down the picking line as to where it was on the C drive, picked that and now it works fine. Seems some plugins that are programs wont work just by putting them in your plugin file alone. Also, the Bubble and Balls plugin that is within PSP always seemed to crash and hang until I discovered after a week of gradually going bald that it wont work if you have anything apart from bmps in Corel 02 file. Everytime I have had to reinstall any version of PSP I immediately go to that file on the drive where it is installed and delete any jpgs or pspimages that seem to be there in 02. Of course if there is any jpg or pspimage there that you like you can always take them into PSP and resave them in bmp format. Sorry if this is as clear as muddy water.

Sheila x