How do I make these little purple flowers?

Suzy

Hi, Carole,

I bought the custom confetti script because of these little purple flowers in the preview. (Thinking that of course I can make them, it’s just a symmetrical shape with a 3D bevel) but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out.  Can you help, please? It’s for the next Build-a-kit.???

https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=144&zenid=qn0kktf941dlie5bun6ieer010

Sorry I can’t put in the image. I think my screen shot is too big and the “insert photo from URL” isn’t working.

thanks,

suzy

The script will use any element and turn them into confetti. So you can probably use a preset shape (I think there is one with 5 petals), make it in the color you want (you can even add a little yellow dot in the center if you want, and then, run the script. That will give you a confetti picture tube. Then, using the new tube, you can scatter them however you want (in a line, around the edges of a page, in a spiral, etc.) and save that as a png and it will be a scattered element for your kit.

• Like 1

The script looks great, works great. I want to know how to make one of those little purple flowers because I am not having any luck. I figured you made them when you did the script and could tell us how it’s done. (Am I assuming too much?) They are 3D and shiny. And have a little dark purple or black between the petals. All-in-all they are cute as the dickens!

• Like 1

Carole,

Thanks again for the video!  I am trying to commit it to memory, but senior mompmemts aside, I have to do it about 1000 times before I can say I know how to do it. 

Question: well, lots of questions. About what I can do with my little flower after it’s made and absolutely perfect. 

once I make this flower, and merge the center with the tepals, but do NOT convert to raster, is it still a vector and can be a psp shape? Can I export it as a .pspshape file and have access to it again? And if I do that will the script read a .pspshape, or does the script need a regular raster?  And likewise, can I save my little flower as a psp brush? By exporting it as a brush? And if I needed that center to show in the brush file, would I make the center with a white line around it (I forget the word - not the fill, but the other word for an outline in the materials palette).  Would that work?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suzy said:

once I make this flower, and merge the center with the tepals, but do NOT convert to raster, is it still a vector and can be a psp shape? Can I export it as a .pspshape file and have access to it again? And if I do that will the script read a .pspshape, or does the script need a regular raster?  And likewise, can I save my little flower as a psp brush? By exporting it as a brush? And if I needed that center to show in the brush file, would I make the center with a white line around it (I forget the word - not the fill, but the other word for an outline in the materials palette).  Would that work?

You can keep it and export it as a preset shape, for future use.

For the script, from memory, I think it will rasterize it because picture tubes can't be vectors.

And yes, you can save that flower as a brush. Remember that a brush will be a single color, so it will ignore the fact that you might have added a yellow center to a purple flower. If you keep the center white, it will be a hole in the imprint and yes, you can always fill it manually after, but depending on how many flowers you have, it could be tedious!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Okay, that answers that question….I didn’t know if the brush treated white as another color or a void.

thanks for answering. I know I could do this myself and test to see how it works, but when I do that it messes up my files and I never seem to get the bad ones deleted without a lot of problems, e.g., accidentally deleting the one I wanted to keep!

Just now, Cassel said:

You can keep it and export it as a preset shape, for future use.

For the script, from memory, I think it will rasterize it because picture tubes can't be vectors.

And yes, you can save that flower as a brush. Remember that a brush will be a single color, so it will ignore the fact that you might have added a yellow center to a purple flower. If you keep the center white, it will be a hole in the imprint and yes, you can always fill it manually after, but depending on how many flowers you have, it could be tedious!

raster?  And likewise, can I save my little flower as a psp brush? By exporting it as a brush? And if I needed that center to show in the brush file, would I make the center with a white line around it (I forget the word - not the fill, but the other word for a line in the materials palette).  Would that work?  

• Like 1

Here is my little brush.  One is the image (square) and one is a big version of one from the scatter -- where I scattered it with F11 and put an inner bevel and drop shadow on it.  (So this is not a tube, just the first brush)

What I want to show, tho, is that my brush had a different color center with a tiny 2 px white ring around it.  When I go to use it as a brush, it is using the color I have as the fill as the flower center color, and the white ring is letting the background show thru. (but as soon as I put the bevel on it, it disappeared) and the flower tepals are just the color as-is in my materials palette. I never knew that brushes could come through as two colors!!!!!?????

Brush.jpg.8bf3c499baeb976746eed0f219170b8a.jpg

• Love 1

• 3 months later...