Travel Tale Challenge 2017

Cassel

Day 3 - I used cass-Datestamp2 for the date stamp.   The picture is not the best quality, but I wanted to scrapbook it because you don't very often get the chance to hold a Falcon.  I wanted it to be bright.  I used a bright paper and put it into a mask to soften the edges I used https://weescotslasscreations.blogspot.ca #84.   There are lots of neat free masks there.  I used a bright gold frame from a kit I purchased.

Hello Royanne, a very nice page and I can understand why you would want to scrapbook it. would have been a great experience on your travels to hold a Falcon in this way. your chosen colours are lovely . Thank you also for you kind comment on my project. Best wishes to you....

Dawn.

Well I am still at it .... never give up.... Day 4 tag.  I followed the instructions from Cassel and put a camel on it.  I like the way it turned out.  We went to a Restaurant in the desert.  It was unbelievable ... the food was either by menu or several huge buffets with ethnic food.  The entertainment was amazing, there were belly dancers, didn't get a picture so I added an element I had of a belly dancer.  The lively dance was spectacular all of the colours and hoops.  There was a camel and horse caravan show.  I matched the colours to the belly dancer, I had a solid dark blue background then I used a grunge type paintbrush with the lighter blue.   I found a city skyline of Arabic type buildings on the internet.  Then I used the same brush but smaller and highlighted around the skyline with the lighter blue.  I used the layers style, as per Cassel master class instructions, outer glow of white.  Hopefully, i succeeded in sharing the magical feeling I felt there.

OK, I am on a roll now.   Day 5 with the postage stamp.   My picture was not large enough for the whole page so I put a second picture of my husband.  We were on the beach just in different spots.   I added my date stamp as my element.  I put my picture in the postage stamp frame, directions per Cassel.  I put Ken's picture in a mask to blend it in.  Tried to match the paper with the different colors.  I used a base paper and then I put a color layer on top to pull out the blues.

Hello Royanne, very nice pages, great choice of colours on both  and that outer glow on the photos so effective , I like using the glow effect also as it adds a really nice interest to a project. You and your hubby must have had  very interesting travels.

Dawn.

Day 6 - Ken went golfing and met up with 2 chaps from England the golfed at the Montgomerie a PGA golf course.  He said some of the homes were fantastic.   He went to a couple other golf courses where they gave him a piece of grass to put off.  I put a small frame around the pictures with a small bevel.  Added the drop shadow, per Cassel for frames.   Added my date stamp.   The post card I followed Cassel's instructions.  I searched the internet for a Dubai stamp.   At the bottom of the page I put the scene from the Montgomerie web site.   I added a golf tee as the fastener and a perspective drop shadow.  I sued "manly" colours and few elements.

Royanne love your pages, the use of colours and backgrounds, particularly in the belly dancer page, were really good. You have made me jealous of your husband as my husband and I are both  keen golfers and that looks fantastic! Wouldn't it be nice if we had a Persian Magic Carpet to take us all to the places everyone has showcased here!

Yes, that would be a DELIGHT.   But it has been so wonderful to share the adventures through this forum.   I have really enjoyed it.  I have been a bit tardy, to say the least, but thoroughly enjoyed sharing the travels with everyone.   Hats off to Cassel for inspiring us.  I have learned so much through the travels.