Travel Tale Challenge 2017

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TravelTaleChallenge-300-300x200.jpg

First of all, come and say HI if once you register for this challenge.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to challenge us.

Remember that it is NOT a contest. It is a friendly challenge to get you to do something you might not have thought of doing before.

Once the Challenge is started, on July 16th, you can post your pages, and your stories (if it is too small to read, you can always copy and paste the text, if you want).

Remember to resize your image to about 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. If you are using double pages, it might be better to split them in half and post both halves separately, otherwise they will be too small to really see.

Now, pack your bag and grab your ticket. Take off will be soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome to Sharon and Dave, I'm sure you will be inspired by the pages you see being shown here and learn a lot from Cassel's tutorials. I don't do many scrapbook pages either, I mainly do greeting cards, collages and posters (not so many of these since I retired) but have enjoyed doing pages Cassel's challenges. Like you Dawn I probably won't get a page a day, might wait until the end and see what to do then. I already have a destination in mind.

Eileen, great page.  Effective use of the flag colors and the drop shadow on the location.

We went to Dubai in 2007.  I did not know how I wanted to scrapbook it.  Now with the travel challenge I will be able to complete it.  I was there for meetings and we added another week for vacation.  My husband came too.   I did google and found the map of the United Arab Emirates and located Dubai with an X.  I added a bevel and with the paint brush I added blue to the water borders and brown to the edge of the border that has land.  The picture of the camels I took, I cut just a narrow strip of the picture.  Using sand texture from Scrap Book Campus I added a paper behind the camels and applied the sand texture.  Then I erased with low opacity the top of the camel picture so it would blend in.  I had purchased a flag template and copied, from google, the flag.  I tried to put a perspective shadow on the flag, I think it turned out OK.   I had a picture of the 7 star hotel and a picture out our hotel room.  I added a small border and applied a bevel.   I applied the sand texture to March 2007 with a darker brown.  For the border papers I used the colors from the flag and added a texture and drop shadow.

Here is my take on this. I used the double page template so here are the two pages, the left and the right.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Day1-Left-600.jpg

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Day1-Right-600.jpg

For those who might not be familiar, Cavendish is a town in Prince-Edward Island and is where Lucy Maud Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables grew up.

Cassel, you always make it look so easy.  Your color scheme is great!

Day 2, I did the map from Google.  I did as explained and zoomed in and took several snapshots and then aligned them and merged them.   The map still ended up small.   I added the map points, purchased from Scrap Girls Embellishment Templates Map Pointers, to the map.  Glad I had a chance to use them.  Then I added them below the map, larger with the city names on them.   I used cass-Airbrushed Paper for the paper, with 3 colors white and 2 shades of blue.   I used cass-Edge Magic on the map and pictures.  I put a large center drop shadow on all three.  I put snowflakes on the snow picture and suns on Dubai picture with an outer glow layer style.

Royanne love the use of the map points, really sets off the page. I had problems with the maps too as our trip to Canada was part of a round the world trip that started here in Australia, went to England, had a short detour into Ireland then back to London to fly to Canada. We went straight from Toronto to Quebec City to start our trek across Canada. I ended up splitting the maps into the three countries otherwise you couldn't really read them. The maple leaves are from Cassel's tube, the rego plate is from her Canada 150 set. I used the colours from the Canada 150 logo for the Canada map and the papers.

My DH and I took three trips in 2016 so am scrapbooking them now with this challenge.  To get my maps I went to this site.  I like it because you can get mileage or what ever you want.... And it is easy to use.

https://www.distancesfrom.com/

I then used my Snipping Tool to save the part of the map I wanted to show and turned it into a jpg.  Here is one from the short trip we took to an Antique Automobile Show.  ( We camp there, sell stuff and my dh BUYS a lot for his antique Model A Ford Truck.)

I also did maps for the other two trips.   I have also done the Silhouette Map thing that I will include in my pages.  I was going to do all together but have decided to make them separate sections.  AND I have a LOT pictures to include.  We shall see how long it takes for me to put them all together.  AND then have to start thinking about this years travel.  We have already done one trip..(two weeks ago)...............

Marlene, I hoped you enjoyed your trip to Canada.   I like the use of the license plate and the maple leafs.

Eileen, the butterflies are great.  They make me think of freedom for vacations.  The camping trailers are great too.

Pennbeth, thanks for the link, I checked it out, it is great.

Great Pages everyone! like them all.

I decided to make an album about  "Dream" Travels.  My husband Don and I, have never been able to do travelling, hence the title of my Front Cover on my project. My in-laws have been great in sharing the photos of their travels with us, so I have used some of them in this project. There was so much of our country we wanted to see over the years however we are unable to do so.  So, we are very grateful, to our extended family members, when they send us their snaps........Bye for now....Dawn.