Circles and Spirals

Brian Dowling

This family history website decorative image features the 'Circles and Spirals' script.  One needs to have a good size canvas open with an element in it and nothing else.  I chose a 3600 x 3600 scrapbook size square.  I then found an acorn from an old royalty free disk.  The script ran easily with many options.  For example, the acorns could have all kept the same orientation... I chose to rotate the acorns, and this caused a little issue with the fact that the shading on the acorn also unrealistically rotated too!  I added some inner bevel to the whole spiral to try to create a little more consistency with the shading.  I then raised the spiral, so it starts outside the frame.  I like the 'back in time' feel of the spiral which suits my subject matter.

Other scripts used in this image: 'Subway Art' for the text, 2 colour with some perspective distortion; 'Distressed Edge' on my 'hole-in-the-webpage' frame.

Further to the above, here are some spirals where the image does not rotate.

Other scripts used in these images are 'Stripes 1' (for the background made first in black and white); 'Copper It" (for the black and white stripes that are then turned into a copper effect); 'Imprint' (for the logo set deep); 'Baby Block Alpha' (for the DNA title in bottom left); 'Distressed Edge' for the hole-in-the-page frame.