Paper Strips

Brian Dowling

This family history website image features the Paper Strips script.  These images are to attract attention to what might otherwise be a stuffy information-only site.  The script worked best for me with a 3600x3660 blank image.  Then it was a simple matter of picking papers.  While I picked many contrasting papers, they are then re-picked by the script at random so some may not be selected and some repeat which is best in the end.  As it's all very busy I placed them on a darker mottled version of my website background which forms the outer frame.  Also, to differentiate between strips I added a bevel so the overlap could be seen better before adding a corner punch and drop shadow.  It may be a good idea to rotate the row 180 degrees and then the drop shadow can show on the strips.

Other scripts in use: Distressed Edge (on the frame to make a hole in my website page look); also, the brushes Corner Punch A was used easily to add interest to the corner.  As for the strips... they are from papers created with Dots & Diamonds, Filligrane, Gingham & Argyle, Parallel Lines, Plaid 2, Stripes#1... the fun never stops.