Cricut (Carole)

MoniqueN.

I just read your post about Xaviers birthday coming up @Carole and using your Cricut for the decorations. I'm a bit absent here ( I check in, read, but don't do much PSP) because I bought myself a Cricut maker 3 a few moths ago.

I should have bought it earlier, because I love to use it!

Making cards, t- shirts for my 5 month old granddaughter and myself, coasters, tiles with text etc etc.

Those are cool! I have been asked by a colleague to do an applique for an apron for Christmas. My son painted some designs on his jeep and I used the Cricut to cut out a stencil. Last year, when we did the Harry Potter themed birthday party, I did the chocolate frog boxes, the various banners, the houses' crests, the cake topper and even the train platform sign. I have also used it to make various cutouts for the individual "Letters from the North Pole" for different activities.

I LOVE my Cricut!

The only thing that annoys me is how much waste it makes. I can't imagine using that to make paper scrapbooking and having all that wasted papers :(

I never had a Cricut but had a CraftRobo (around 2007/2008) which was a Silhouette type cutter. It used software and a computer to do the cuts so unless you had a laptop, it wasn't as portable. Many of my scrapbooking friends then started with the Cricut after having the other because of the portability. However, they had to buy cartridges which eventually got to be too much if going to a retreat. Many times the Cricut users would coordinate as to who would bring what cartridges to a retreat so one person didn't have to take everything they had. Those that have stuck with the Cricuts do like the newer models since things have evolved as to how the designs are made available to the users.

But what I really wanted to say was that those paper scrappers would not let any of the "wasted" papers go to waste. Those scraps were quite useful. I used them with small punches (think small pawprints which I used a lot on my dog pages). I also made lots of small square pieces that I used as design elements. Many of my friends were even more frugal with them than I was! I did traditional scrapping and dabbled in digital scrapping for about a year. I still have some traditional supplies because there are times that I have the urge to work with paper. I also had some projects that were better being done with paper.

I still have my CraftRobo and can use it with Silhouette software and my computer if I want to make something.

Yes, Monique, that is what I mean. I try to line up the design for pieces to leave as little as possible, but there is obviously always some leftovers.

And Rene, I guess it is the difference between a traditional paper scrapbooker who might have more use for those leftover bits. Since I only use my Cricut for occasional crafts, I don't typically have use for tiny bits of cardstock and such.