Problem with scripts running in X9

Linda Hitt

Actually, Barbara, i am not aware of such issue affecting the Text tool. When tools and commands misbehave, there is always the option of resetting to default. The instructions are in a link earlier in this thread. Make sure you save your workspace first, if you have any customizations as they likely will be lost. It is not a fun process as you have to manually reset your preferences and such, but it has been known to fix issues when commands/tools seem to get "corrupted". I don't think it would affect the Python modules, but worse comes to worse, you know how to fix that issue.

Keep me updated.

Cassel...the problem with my PSP X9 freezing when using text is happening again. I have taken it down to the default and even tried to write text with it like that and it does not work. the font line on the pull down menu for choice of fonts, starts to shake like a strobe light and nothing will work. I will either have to use my psp X5 because I need it right now for making cards, or find a solution. Perhaps as a last resort I could uninstall it and then re-install it without the patch? Is that the right solution? But I am sure it will ask me for updates and then it might be installed again. Or another solution: is it possible to uninstall the patch? This happened at a very bad time of year and its stressful for me. Do you have an ideas for me? Thanks so much. Barbara

If you feel comfortable uninstalling and reinstalling, i would say go for it. Reinstall the original version and test it first. As long as you don't need to run scripts for now, you won't need to install the patch 1 (which SHOULD have the Python modules in it). But it might be enough for you to finish your projects for now, and then, we can look into adding the patches when you have more time and are less stressed to finish. What would you think about it?

Thanks Cassel. I will think about what to do. I could even do all my text in psp X5 until this is over with cards etc. then fix my psp X9. i really like X9 a lot. there are many things about it that i like. I did download the cleanup tool just in case I decide to do that now. I will think for a couple of days. Have a good weekend. hugs, Barbara

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone experiencing issues with "Random" module error in PSP X9, here is the fix:

download the Python package here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54692421/PaintShop/X9/PSPX9_PythonPackage.exe

double-click to install it

That should fix the issue.

We found out it is a recent "bug" that will be fixed with the next update.

• 3 months later...

Hi Cassel,

Now that my PSP has updated (version 19.2.0.7) I am again having a problem with the Element Preview Script running properly.  Part 1 of the script runs fine, however, part 2 gives this error and I am not sure what I need to do to correct the problem.  Can you take a look at it for me?

Thanks,

Linda

The message relates to the location of the script. If there is a copy in the Restricted scripts folder AND one in the Trusted scripts folder, the program will start looking in the Restricted scripts and run it from there if it finds a copy no matter if you have one copy in the correct folder.

Another way to "fix" a duplicate issue is to go in and rename the script file with a number or something like -good, and then, when you run it, that would be the ONLY possible copy to run. Maybe try that?

I have checked and there are no duplicates.  I even changed the name as you suggested and still get the same error.  I tried my other scripts and the ones that are actually in the Restricted folder run fine.  All of the scripts in my Trusted folder get this same error when attempting to run them.  Some complete but give the message and other stop.  Could the update have changed something in the program so that it does not recognize the Trusted folder as trusted?

The update would not have done anything in that regard.

Can you double check something else (i have seen this happen): when you go to the File > Preferences > File location, can you check that the Restricted scripts folder points to the actual Restricted scripts folder and the Trusted scripts folder points to the Trusted scripts folder? It might be a long shot, but worth a try.

Cassel,

I checked and it did appear to be pointing to the correct folder, however, just out of curiosity I removed the file and added it again.  Guess what?  Now it works!!!

Sometimes I guess it takes a long shot....thank you so much for your help.

• 3 months later...

I couldn't find a way to quote a post here but I just want to say that I found the AutoTuber script and I initially placed it in my Restricted scripts folder.  Of course when I tried to run it, I got an error that it must be in the Trusted folder.  I deleted it from the Restricted folder and put it in the Trusted folder.  It still would not work.  I deleted it from that folder and cleaned my registries and everything, still would not work. I tried to install all the updates, but I didn't need any of them.  I came across this post today and decided to rename it and Viola!  Works like a charm now, so thank you for that suggestion.  :-)

PS I was also having the issue with my PSP freezing when trying to use fonts several months ago.  I don't remember what I did to fix it, but it's working fine now.  I just wanted to mention it because it happened to me, too.  I am still experiencing at least one annoying bug with PSP X9 but I will save that for another post. :-)

The reason the renamed file worked is probably because you had another copy somewhere and PSP didn't know which one to pick, and likely was picking the wrong one.

Let us know about the other annoying bug. Maybe there is a fix for it that we can share.