Filter Forge filters

Cassel

Do you know that Filter Forge is a plugin that works perfectly fine in Paintshop Pro even though it is promoted as a Photoshop plugin? Do you know that this particular plugin gives you access to over 10,000 filters?

If you have installed Filter Forge, I am sure you will want to browse through their loooooooooooooong list of filters. If so, which ones caught your attention? which ones did you download? Share their name and a link so everyone can get some "recommendations" from other users.

Here are the ones I have already or plan on going to download soon:

Hipster Background for nice variegated background papers.

Foil to add a really good foil texture to various elements (and you can obviously change the color)

Stormy Cloud to create many overlays to add texture to your papers

Tartan if you want a very specific pattern with specific width of sections.

Wood to create... wood texture even if you cannot find an actual piece of wood to photograph

Bronze Coin and by changing color, you can get gold or silver too

Ceramic Tiles for another interesting background pattern

Share your suggestions!

P.S. if you use the link above to purchase this plugin, I will get a small commission, so thank you if you are using it.

Guest Guest
I purchased the BASIC version of FF a couple of days ago.  So far I'm sorry to say, I'm not exactly thrilled with it.  I'm using it as a Plug-In and find that it renders soooooooo slowly that it is irritating.  Now mind you, this is a first impression so, perhaps I'll find it more useful as time passes.

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience.  When you say it renders slow, have you timed it? I noticed that if you work on a smaller image (like 600x600), it takes only a couple of seconds, but yes, if you are using an image the max size of 3000x3000, it takes longer. Maybe it depends on the details of the texture or the effect? Or maybe, you'll find some textures that are worth the wait! ;)

Thanks for sharing anyways.

Guest Guest
Yes, the size of the image definitely has a huge bearing on the time it takes.  The BASIC version is no better as to the size of the image being used, and consequently the render speed, than the free modules that I have used for some time.  I wasn't surprised about the free plugins being slow and only working effectively on small images but I had hoped that there would be an improvement in both size and speed with even the BASIC, purchased product.  Oh well, as you said, I may find that my opinion improves with use.  At the moment I find it faster and more effective to use textures and patterns through PSP's native processes.  :)

• 6 months later...