Fonts

Marie-Claire

Hi everybody,

In the scrapbook campus i read what types of font viewers can be used and how to use them. I have one more question about that.

How do you place the fonts on the hard disk to easily catalog them, etc. in a font viewer?

For example, when all fonts are in 1 folder on the hard disk, it can take a long time before the font viewer has read them or even crash.

If you have a lot of fonts, do you have to create several folders on the hard disk beforehand? instead of 1 folder with all fonts?

Marie-Claire, you can organize your fonts however you want. You can place the folders anywhere on your computer and as far as sub-categories, you can do them however it makes sense for you. You can have a larger folder, and the sub-folders like BOLD, ALL CAPS, SCRIPTS, HANDWRITTEN, DINGBAT, THEMED, etc.

I used to use TFT and simply highlight the fonts displayed, and drag them to a different folder in the navigation of the left window. I don't do it anymore simply because TFT is now so slow. With NexusFont, one can click the radio button on the left of each font they want to select and move to a different folder, right-click > Move and choose the folder you want. It could be one way to categorize and sort them.

See if that works for you.

Hi Cassel,

Thank you,

I think I have not explained correctly what I mean.

I have a Fonts2 folder containing fonts and sub folders each containing fonts. In total there are almost 2000 fonts

When I open nexusfont and click on the Fonts2 folder, it opens all fonts, including the font subfolders. that takes a while.

I was wondering if it was the right way to create 1 folder with sub folders in it.

but I now reread your message several times, and I understand that you also talk about 1 folder with different sub folders in it?

I am aware that I have to keep a big clean in my fonts, there are many that are similar.

Yes, what you do is the correct way, however if you want to see fewer fonts at once (than 2000), you can then highlight one of the subfolders instead of the "top" folder. That is why it can be very useful to sort them into sub-categories.