BOOTCAMP July 2020

Cassel

Hello everyone, I am Amy from New Jersey. I have been using PSP for a while now. I believe my first PSP was PSP 8. However, I am not an expert lol. I know how to do some things, but i would like to expand my knowledge and learn to use more tools. I love scrapbooking, but i have never done it on PSP. I'm looking forward to learning :) I will be using my son's picture from when he was a baby.

I prefer the Dark Gray workspace and background. I like having my tools docked. I also like having the layers, materials, and sometimes overview palettes out.

It seems my first posting didn't stick.  For lesson #1, I set PSP as follows:

Complete;   Untabbed;  Start PSP in edit and I had three tabs, Manage, Adjust and Edit, so I turned off Manage;  Work - light grey, background - medium grey;  Palettes, layers, materials & tool options;  Tried Classic materials, but couldn't see a difference right off and toggled it back;  all are subject to change.

Don't know what link and unlink, or lock and unlock mean, but found I could dock palettes by dragging them to center screen and clicking the proper arrow on the box that appears.  They undock if you left click and drag them, again.

Even though PSP defaulted at  200 /square in.  What I saved equaled close to the original plus the layer in Mbyts

Brad

Allen, you can probably make a whole album about that trip with a complete section on food and drinks.

Frances, we will help you all the way through those basic steps so you can get a good foundation. You will see that however powerful PSP can be, it is not that scary (and I love those cats!). What will you drink with your sandwich?

Monique, I hope you discover the pleasure of doing scrapbooking to showcase your photos and stories. And yes, that sandwich always seems to make us feel hungry (especially looking at all those sandwiches).

Rita, will we have a whole album about that Greece trip? It will be fantastic to travel along with you.

Ben, the spoon might be for your coffee, or maybe there is dessert coming?

Ann, I thought you just preferred whole wheat bread.

Fay, I am curious; what was that one specific thing that you learned in this lesson?

Robert, I had never heard of the PICNIC acronym. That is a good one we should remember! Isn't it amazing how far PSP has come from that first version?

Amy, since you are at least familiar with PSP and familiar with scrapbooking, you will see how the two together can be so enjoyable and create fantastic showcase pieces. Your son is a cutie! Bon appetit for your sandwich.

Brad, the Classic Materials palette shows as similar in the main workspace, but it is when you click on the swatch to select a different color that you will see the difference. You can always change it later if you prefer it (especially since I always use that Materials palette). Linking and unlinking are functions of layers: linked layers are like "glued" together so when one moves, the other follows. Are you referring to something I mentioned in the tutorial or something you read/heard somewhere else? in recent versions of PSP, the default resolution was changed to 300. If yours is set to 200, you can change that going to File > Preferences > General Program Preferences and check the Unit tab where you can then change it to 300 ppi.

Henry, you have a nice tablecloth under that lunch! Did you add some Oreo cookies for dessert?

Bill, you finally got a nice tablecloth. You can also adjust the Scale value if you want the pattern to be smaller. It all depends on the size of your project and what effect you want to achieve.

Remember that if you are just starting, you will have plenty of time to catch up. Don't be shy and post your projects. If you have questions, post them too. I will respond to every one of them.

I'm not sure what happened but when I downloaded the Zip file I only got one slice and bread and one plate - :(.  I was hungry so downloaded some free clip art images and made my own sandwich with Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onions and Grilled Chicken plus one coffee - now one happy girl. :)  I also added some texture to the bread.

My second try, where I must admit that it takes and took a lot of time, which I did not think it would. Although using PSP for almost 20 years now, it took more effort than expected. Just changed a little in the filmrol which was empty. Filled it with musrooms ;)

Here's my sandwich.  Like others, I played with some color aspects by 'toasting'  by bread  [both slices changed colors, added an adjusted halftone effect], changed colors for most of the elements [used fill for various colors on the bread layers] and  - using my best Jean Luc Picard voice : Tea, Earl Gray, hot.

(Catch my play on words?  I know Earl Grey isn't gray (or grey).  And, yes, I am a big Star Trek fan.)

I already took a drink of tea hence the cup is off center.  Added a layer for the tablecloth with a texture fill from the standard, resized slightly.  I toyed with adding some drop shadows, but thought they may be going too far.

Hi Thank You Carole,

I had No Problems thanks to my Teacher :)     Thank you Lady 22 for the kit to submit my lesson on.

I really understood and completed it with no problems.    My Granddaughter thinks this Luna Moth, looks like a elephant if you rotate it right a bit me to.

Carole, you asked what I had learned while watching the video for Day 2.  I was surprised to see you "click, drag, and drop" images from the layer palette to the working image.  I doubt that I will ever use it but am pleased to know it can be done.  I've been using PSP since Jasc's Version 8 so since I've learned something new on the second day of this bootcamp I'm thinking there are many more interesting things in store.

Now for the Day 3 Assignment ... I see some very interesting layouts posted so it looks like we're all paying attention!  ?  All the papers and elements used in this layout are my own design.  Please note that I used Cassel's Seed Beads picture tubes to create the "scatter" and the fonts used are Alpha Dance for the title and Dancing Script for the journaling.

Second attempt for this post ...

Carole, I mentioned that I had learned something new while watching the video for Day 2 and you asked me exactly what.  I have been using PSP since Jasc's Version 8 and I was surprised to see you "click, drag, and drop" from the layer palette to the working image.  If I can learn something like that on Day 2, I can hardly wait to see what else is in store for my knowledge base of PSP.

Now, Day 3.  I see some very nice layouts already posted so it looks like we're paying attention.  ?

All the papers and elements used in my layout were designed by me.  Some of you may notice that I've used CC's Seed Beads picture tubes to create the "scatter."  The fonts I used are Alpha Dance for the title and Dancing Script for the journaling.

Don't know why but I manage to make serious blunders each day.  Today I somehow joined both text boxes - TWICE!  Couldn't find a way out the first time so deleted that and started over.  The same thing happened again but - no idea how - I wiggled out of that.

In all of this, yes, I think ? I am enjoying the course.