Saving as pspimage or psd

Dianne

Sometimes (more often than not) if I try to save as pspimage, PSPx8 throws up an error message that says it cannot create the file.  It will let me save as a psd file (always).  Now, on those occasions when I was able to save as a pspimage file, and I want to save updates to it, yet again I get the error message and end up having to save as a psd file.  I don't save a work in progress as a png file because, again in this version of PSPx8, it will give me an error message that the layers will be merged, which I don't always want.  I have installed the updates.  Does anyone else have this problem or am I yet standing alone in the field?

Thanks!

Dianne

Hum... that is a strange situation. Do you Save as... to save in .pspimage format?

Are you using the compatibility setting to save? If so, what is it set at? You can find that when you Save as..., then on the bottom right, there is an Option button. Once you click on it, you have the Version, Save as ... What is it set at?

Cassel

If it starts out as a pspimage, I use a simple "save" but it doesn't always allow me to.  Have to admit I never tried looking at the option button.  See attached....this is what the default was.  I've changed nothing.

Seems funny that I could use PSP this long and still don't seem to know what I'm doing.  Sigh.

Dianne

Well, see I didn't know that.  Learned something else new.  I think I never noticed that because I usually don't go back to the vectors.  I had to reboot my computer so I'm afraid the original image is now too transformed to provide any useful information.  I'll send an email when I have a image that hasn't already been saved to some other format.