Are you safe?

Cassel

Yes  we are safe there was little damage where I live in Halifax we lost power for a day and internet for 2 day, my landline phone is still out but the peninsular Halifax suffered a lot of downed trees and building damage as well as surge damage on the waterfront.   The storm covered the whole province so many still don't have power or phone service.  The loss of phone service was a new one  as before Bell Aliant landlines never seem to go down during a storm it seem new technology isn't as reliable as the old in times like these.  Our Koodo  cell service went down for the night  but came back the next day.   The farmers in the valley took a bad hit as the apple crop was at its peak and from what I hear the corn corp may be wiped out too.  The storm surge also did quite a number on our coastal towns and villages as well.

Edie, sorry to hear of the damage done to your province. I have been through several hurricanes (cyclones here in Australia) so I understand how destructive and fearful they can be. It is bad for the farmers who have lost their crops as that is their livelihood. Mother Nature is definitely at times a force to be reckoned with. Firestorms are raging along our Queensland coast at the moment and so many have lost their homes. To date, lives have been spared except for the wildlife which is heartbreaking. Take good care Edie and my thoughts are with your province and for all those affected by Dorian.

We are fine here in Halifax, amongst the lucky ones.  Lost power for about 12 hours, no damage in the garden other than the petunias who really got battered down.  A lot of farmers have had damage to their crops, corn flattening, apples off the trees and trees down.  One apple farmer says they will be making a lot of vinegar instead of selling fresh fruit.  The best news is no fatalities nor injuries in news reports.