Scrap Bootcamp - March 2019

Cassel

Day 6.  Took these photos of prairie dogs at Caprock Canyon State Park in Texas.  The KimB Designs scrapkit I used was the freebie to which Cassel had posted the link.  I didn’t change the colors of the individual letters in the title, but instead used a gradient for “Family” and then played with various layer styles.

@Barbara, it looks like another setting is taking over in the Brush Variance Palette (that is more advanced).

Click F11 to open the Brush Variance Palette, and click the Reset button near the bottom. It should turn most of the values to 0. Then, the pinking shears should get sharpened!

Day 6: Another couple of pictures from our trip to Washington with the grandkids.  I mostly used elements from that freebie kit that Carole told us about.  I did add the bit of glitter from my stash. I used one of the papers for my title and instead of pinking shears, I wanted my edges to look more wave-like.  I didn't know about the easy way to add a frame, so that was new to me. There was something else new, but I've forgotten it already so I'll have to watch the video again!!

Well Day 6 was quite a challenge for me, but I think I eventually got there.  Found the pinking shears tool absolutely amazing.  I've used a mixture of papers here.  Really struggle to find papers and other elements that go with my photos.  Anyway, here is my Day 6 effort.

Day 7 - I used all sorts of things on this layout. Elements/papers are from two kits: Underwater and Under the Sea. I used a slippery wet candy paper for the title and a soap bubbles paper for the background.

This has been a lot of fun and I just adore all of the creativity shown! Great job all!!

Teri

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  Such lovely work from everyone.  It is a real pleasure to login and view all the pages, thanks everyone for making my day!

Day 6 project completed.  I used the lovely scrapkit "G'day Mate" by Scraps N Pieces at Ginger Scraps.  The photos are of my brother, Peter, his wife, Kathy, their two children, Sophie and Max, and Steff is from Kathy's previous marriage.  They all live in the Outback along with Kathy's 2nd child, Nick but he is a most elusive young man when it comes to photos, :)  Peter's other children keep closer to their mum here in Bundaberg.  All told they have 7 offspring between them ... 3 from Peter's previous marriage, 2 from Kath's previous marriage and, 2 of their own!  They are a most delightful family and get on so very well together, we are blessed.  Thanks for takin a peek.

Day 7.    I used some elements/papers from Day 6 and Day 7 scrapkits as well as one I already had.  Because the image is busy, I decided not to place the squares on it.  To finish it off, I added a small white border and a larger blue border that matches the photo frame, then selected the blue border, applied a bevel and used Alien Skin Snap Art – Oil Paint plugin on it.