Love Story Challenge 2019

Cassel

Day 5

I used a brush that has a shape that looks like the top of a palm tree and ran that around the irregular oval I brushed on.  I added a starburst effect to plain paper layer behind the mask to make it look like the sun was shining on the masked area.  Very fun technique to use.

Thanks Annie

Yes  our Christmas is very different to the northern hemisphere.   It is really hard to find 'aussie' stuff  although I do make a lot of  things where I sell cards  without a snowflake in sight lol    I even made Santa's in board shorts, singlets and thongs (what I think you call flip flops),   Christmas trees out of gum leaves,  and Santa (in his boardies of course) in a sleigh pulled by 6 white boomers  in my designs.   Oh and don't forget the koala with its santa hat  lol

Day 5

Our Queen Bee around the house.   Miss Kitty.......  given and recieved a lot of love in her 22 years.

And she still lets us know who's boss too.

Used a 'starry' type brush as she's the star of our household.

Was going to use a frame but decided to just leave it as is.

Not sure if I'll get to do Day 6 and 7 till late Sunday or Monday.

Got the kids and grandkids here for the weekend,  so will get to them as soon as I can.

This is a total re-do.  Sometimes something that seems really special in the wee hours of the morning does not look that way in the light of day.  So I begin again.

I had wanted to do something with heart brushes since that has been the main decorating element during this challenge, but I didn't have any.  Now I do-because I watched a video and learned out to make them, which was super easy.  The paper is from hfinch.  I'm holding off until day 7 to decide what narrative will travel through the seven pages.  And it looks like my granddaughter is maybe doing a handstand or something.

I just realized that I didn't do a floating frame.  Maybe I'll come back later and do one.

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  The photo for this one was a pc HD wallpaper from THIS Wallpaper.  Brush used was a-dozi's feather 3.  Frame the result of Cassel's scribbles script.  Alpha and paper are my own creation.  Cluster used is from PixelScrappers.  Thanks for takin a peek.

Day 6.  Masks are so versatile.  I use them a lot when documenting and  showcasing  my photographs.  Here I used Cassel's corner punches, which are a favourite of mine, and get used a lot in my projects.  Text on a curve.  I make most of my own masks, including this one. The swirls are a brush.  I used the  vector brush script on a  preset circle.

Barbara, that is a great shot of your granddaughter jumping off the diving board, and a creative layout that puts the focus right on her.  Very nice!

And I love Cassel's photo for the Day 6 tutorial -- what a beautiful bride and pleased groom!

I like the Bokeh effect and have a set of tubes from Corel for it in different colors but haven't used them much.  I wanted to try Cassel's Bokeh tutorial for this page however.  Once created, I had to further blur the merged Bokeh layers and place them above a light pink background layer at 50% opacity or else it was too busy-looking for the photo.  I used the Touch My Heart Lite brushes I got for yesterday's project, this time with no rotation, and added extra hearts in different sizes in salmon pink in addition to the hearts around the perimeter of the mask (which were stamped with 20% rotation).  The font is Baroque Script from 1001 Free Fonts.  Thanks for looking!

Day 6:  Not really a BOKEH fan, but I wanted to follow the instructions so that's what I did.

This is our lovely granddaughter who will be training to be a diesel mechanic!

I took the colors from her graduation picture because I wanted the red for the Valentine's Day theme. I used several fonts, mc-sweetie 1, I found my valentine hearted 2, allura and the hearts on the ribbon are the bonus hearts font.  The ribbon is one I had in my stash, VF_Oakley_Ribbon_04. I recolored it, but it isn't quite the color I was looking for.

@Sue:  gorgeous day 6! The colors, the flourishes, the frame, everything . . . wow!  Also, that is one plump sparrow.  I just realized that I didn't comment on your fox.  It's hard for me to imagine living somewhere where one could photograph foxes (I've never seen a live one), much less get such a lovely picture.  Now that I know how you manage to shoot wildlife in subzero temps, I'm curious to know what kind of zoom lens you use.

Barbara