Scrap Bootcamp - January 2019

Cassel

Question - What companies do people recommend to have these printed in 12x12? I want to insert them alongside my paper scrapbooking. My printer here at home doesn't take paper that large. So I will have to upload them somewhere.  (Are we even allowed to recommend printing places on this forum?) Thanks for any advice. - Casey

@Casey. For printing, there are different companies available depending on where you live in the world. There is a list of possible companies in the Resources page. Prices vary, features vary, shipping vary, so check them out and pick whichever will end up the most suitable for you.

@Ann, to the first question, those glitters were NOT tubes, but tiles. You could just open them on your workspace, and then, using the Materials Properties dialogue window, you should see that tile in the list of Patterns, typically among the first ones listed.

As for snapping to the guides, I found out that it won't snap if you are using the Pick tool (I wish it did) but only with the Move tool. I might have misled you as I also thought it would snap.

Finally, for the arrow keys, were you trying to use the arrows on the numeral pad? Sometimes, that won't work depending on how the pad is set meaning did you have the Num lock on or off.

Day 4. Wish I had the adventure background that Carole used but I like this one too. The picture is from our MS walk a couple of years ago. We have walked (I actually ride my power chair named Argo-any Xena fans here?) for 20 years or more.  I wanted to keep this simple. I may actually print it out and give it to her.

I used the black shadow on everything but the three dark flowers. I switched to a gray on those since they were already dark.

So, my second digital scrapbook page is attached.

Day 5 Project 3

A few years ago, my spouse had sunflowers that grew to over 8 feet tall. They were still growing until the squirrels started breaking them off while the seed was still green. I managed to get a few pictures before they managed to destroy all of them.

The saying in this kit reminded me of those sunflowers.

Day 6

I used a free kit from Papercrafts Inspiration Magazine (on line)

It's kit 155  - Camping Theme.  Love the pinking shears border.  That's a fun technique.

Thanks for the info on how to do the label.  Will give that a try tonight.

New Day, same PSP acting up. Took me 2 hrs to save as jpeg. Could not get file menu to drop. Kept freezing the program.

Anyway here it is. Chipper and Maddux were our American Standard Boxers. Sadly they are gone now and a little piece of my heart with them.

Cassell,

After I flood fill the black part of the label with gold, is there a way I can add a solid color stroke around the inside and outside edge of the gold part?  (Like you can do around the edges of a font?)

Thanks,

Dee

@Dee, yes, there is a little-used tool for that. While you still have the edge selected, go to Selections > Modify > Select Selection Borders and there, select Inside and outside and a value that will match the size of your element. That will create selections on both sides of the "original" selection, and you can fill that will another color if you want.

Here is my 4th work project.  I enjoyed learning how to change the colors of the title letters but chose not to change the font.  I used a circle eraser to make the curvy edge on the white strip.  This gave me shapes more like waves than half circle edges.  So I used a different shape that gave me the rounded edges I was looking for, but then had to erase the left over white areas.  I am sure Cassel would have done it a different way, but I got to where I wanted to go, haha.  The added elements came from my purchased elements but I am sorry that I do not keep a record of where they were purchased as I never intend to use any of my purchased supplies commercially.  My scrapping is purely for my enjoyment.  Cassel:  I am thoroughly enjoying this workshop.  I hope that it won't be the last one we do.  Oh, I accidentally deleted my 4th day email and would like to go back and rewatch that video.  If you have a moment could you email it to me again.  I'm sorry to ask you to do that and if you don't have time I will certainly understand.

Day 6 Bootcamp

Not completely satisfied with my drop shadow but tired of messing with this.  I have always used smaller shadows but on this one I thought I would try to use the settings that Carole used.  They looked too bold to me and I messed with them so they may be all different now on some things.  I always create shadow on a layer by itself so I can tweak it if I want to.  I redid the shadow on the striped paper twice because when I saved it disappeared.  Not sure why but now I see it has happened again.  I am using version 2018 because it is the version that is on the computer I am using today.  Seems like it has a lot of bugs lately.

This is a screenshot of the pspimage file.  As you can see the drop shadow is on the striped paper.  All I did was save the pspimage file as .jpg in 2018 and when I uploaded it to here the shadow was not there.

Carole do you have any ideas?  I really paid close attention after the first time it happened so I know it was there and the eye was open on the shadow layer unless the program closed it all by itself.  I just tried it again and when I save to .jpg the shadow is still there, then when I resize to 600 it disappears

Boot Camp Day 6: still in New Orleans, but used a very different style for this page. I really appreciate knowing about the Selections-Modify-Select Selection Border! I so often want to add a contrasting border to my photos to make them "pop," and then I end up having to move a colored rectangle as well as every photo. The items I used for this layout came from another Nellie Bell kit, this one called "Alpha and Omega."

@Ann, I resent you the Day 4. As for future Bootcamp, I am pretty sure I will repeat this one, but it will be the same beginner lessons, so maybe you would enjoy future Challenges, which are somewhat more advanced and suitable for those already a bit comfortable with PSP.

@Wanda, are you sure you didn’t save two versions? On the uploaded image, the name has hyphens, but on the screenshot, it doesn’t. Just guessing here.

Carole I also did not put hyphens in my title.  I just looked in the folder and none of the 3 have hyphens in the title.  I never use hyphens in titles.  Sometimes if I add my name I underscore between the title and my name the title

Carole I also did not put hyphens in my title.  I just looked in the folder and none of the 3 have hyphens in the title.  I never use hyphens in titles.  Sometimes if I add my name I underscore between the title and my name the title.

I guess the hyphens were added by the forum when you uploaded the image. Otherwise, I am kind of stumped. Maybe we can do some troubleshooting, but that would have to be through emails. Are you up to that?

I guess the hyphens were added by the forum when you uploaded the image. Otherwise, I am kind of stumped. Maybe we can do some troubleshooting, but that would have to be through emails. Are you up to that?

Probably not tonight.  I am off to my chair for some TV.  I will either figure it out or not.  I just thought you might know what was going on.  I posted it full size on Facebook and it did not do that but it is not a problem of this site because It happens on my computer before I upload after I save it to 600X600.  I even duplicated the shadow and it still doesn't show when I save.  The eye is open on both shadow layers.  I am too tired to think about it anymore tonight.