Scrap Bootcamp - January 2019

Cassel

I am really glad to see some participants post their current projects. And Nadine, you are right; in many forums (and I would say in many Facebook groups) people don't really want comments other than "oh that looks great". In fact, some people don't take other comments very well because they are very unsure of themselves and perceive those comments as HUGE. So it is a balance. However, you have given me an idea: what would you think of a FEEDBACK REQUEST section in the forum, specifically for asking for specific and constructive feedback? It could be for this bootcamp but for any other project too. And it would be totally optional.

I miss not being able to answer some comments or to let people know how much I like what they have done or made. So I feel it would be nice to have some feedback Carole.

Love - Lady Anne xxxx

Lady-Anne, why do you feel you can't comment especially if it is to tell them you like what they did? This forum is full of that! This question was about "constructive criticism" where some people are afraid of them or perceive them very negatively, even if they were never meant that way.

Hello Carole,

I meant that I miss not being able to answer below the persons post, sorry if I am getting confused but that does seem to be my permanent state these days lol.

Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

I did not realize I could change the workspace color. But decided I like the Dark Gray the best. I have done a lot of photo editing with PSP over the years as I am the unofficial family photographer. I come from a large family. Until recently I had not had any exposure to digital Scrap Booking. I found it all very confusing. I am so thankful for Cassel's classes and online courses. It is all starting to make so much more sense. I have already learned a lot and look forward to learning so much more. Thank you.

Sharon CC

I just watched the 1st class.

I keep my workspace pretty simple.  Here are my settings;

Dk Gray Background and White and Lt Gray Blank Image

Toolbars: script, standard, status, tools

Palettes: layers, materials, tool options

Icons for: manual color correction and reset dialog preferences

DeLoris

Hi, everyone,

My name is Ann and I am from Texas.  I love digital scrapbooking.  I did traditional paper scrapping for many years and recently digitized my 1000 plus pages to print in books.  I started digital scrapping in 2011 and my goal this year is to close the gap between 2003 (last of paper scrapping) and 2011 (first of digital scrapping).  I am fortunate in that I have a daughter that digitally scraps and since we vacation a lot together we share our digital pages (so I actually have to make fewer pages myself, haha).  Like someone else said, I like to watch Cassel in all of her videos as something like a basic setup of the workspace sometimes jogs a cog about something I might want to change.  I actually prefer the black workspace for some reason.  Otherwise, my workspace is set up very much like Cassel's.  Looking forward to this learning experience and hope to share with you and see some of your work.

Hello everyone. So looking forward to this class (as with all of Cassel's classes). I have been using PaintShop Pro for many years and find that it is a continuous learning and relearning adventure. I prefer the light grey workspace as it seems to be easier on my eyes. My work space is set up like Cassel's.

Ann in Texas here.  Resized several fairly recent scrapbook pages to share.  One is a remake of a page from about 15 years ago.  I do LOVE digital scrapping.  I think one great thing about digitizing the old photos is the ability that Corel PaintShop Pro gives us to make those old faded, orange, too dark photos into something much better than the original photo.  And then printing them in books takes up so much less space than traditionally scrapped pages.  (That is probably my main reason to do all of this.  Paper scrapping takes too much space before, during and after the scrapping is done.  Printed books give us over 100 pages in less than an inch of bookshelf space.)

Hi Everyone.  Tried to post earlier and my PC froze up and I was unable to upload any of my pages. I did want to join in on the conversation about constructive criticism and feedback on my work.  I am all for it.   I use 2018 and 2019 depending on which computer I am on.  I have been using PSP since Jasc version 6.  I upgraded to Version 10 and have purchased every version since.  I also love Carole's scripts, especially the bows, knots and ribbons and have quite a collection of them.  I do not buy supplies from anyone else and mostly I like to make my own.  I have done scrap pages for many years off and on but always looking for new techniques to try.

I enjoyed day one of the boot camp.  Thanks so much Carole.

I prefer the light gray work space and I also use a minimum on my screen.  Just the material pallet, layers pallet and tool options.  I do not like things in my way so I open the history pallet as needed rather than keeping it on the screen.

Well I tried agin with a page and it appears it may work.   This is a page with just my own stuff.  I love to draw and I will open a pattern beside my canvas and use it for reference while I draw with my mouse.  I try to make them different from the original pattern.  My work is not perfect but my family members love the personal touch knowing that I created myself just for them.

Hi Everyone in the Bootcamp,

I have set up my workspace with the dark gray option and a background set to medium gray.  I have my toolbars set to standard, status, script and tools.  I have my palettes set to layers, materials, organizer, script output and tools options.  I went a little further and have the dual monitor option on too.  I find it easier to just drag and drop my photos onto my workspace when I am creating images.

So far - so good with the homework.

Thanks so much Carole.

Hi everyone.  I am Rhonda from a small town south of New Orleans, LA called Gray. I think I will enjoy conversing with you all as I am the only person I know locally that does digital scrapbooking. But I'm a homebody and not very sociable except with my church. I used Jasc back in the day, before scrapbooking, but only played with the elements I could not do in Photoshop. When I started embroidering, I began using Bernina software. When I got my new laptop I had to get new embroidery software and it uses Corel Draw. In searching for tutorials for it I ran across PSP2019. Now I need to learn from the start. While trying to set up my workspace, I tried to change the color of the background. It will not change. It only takes on the color of the workspace. As far as the pallettes I autohide everything but my layers. I keep all of the tool bars visible. I can't seem to find a setting that is preventing my background from changing. Although this does not stop me from working, I would like them to be different. This is the first forum I have ever posted on so your patience would be appreciated. Can't wait for the next day of bootcamp even though I can't get through the first. HAHA

Yes mam. I have an image open and it is set to tabbed mode. I can change the workspace color but not the background. Whatever my workspace color is that is what my background changes to. I have sent Corel tech support an email and am awaiting their reply. Just my luck. I thank you so very much for your consideration on this and your quick reply. I tried to do a snipit, but cannot keep the User Interface dropdown open and grab the picture to show you. Hopefully Corel will be able to help. Just thought I had a setting check (or unchecked) that was preventing a two color setup. Thanks again and am looking forward to tomorrow.