Selections Class

Annette

I found it!. Thank you so very much. I really want to try to catch the Part 2 because Selections is something I don't really understand in my PSP. Thank you for teaching us these wonderful things.

Annette

• 2 weeks later...
Have you done a class that includes how the layers work....by fiddling with the selections class, I realized I could "group" the selections and duplicate them (which saved me a lot of time).  It was a "doh" moment but it made me wonder how much I am missing by understanding layers so poorly.  I guess everyone knows you can save selections so that you can use them on more than one project---this too can be a time saver (one I knew about and conveniently forgot).  I am looking forward to the Selections 2 class being online....my browser decided to crash which nicely interrupted my ability to follow (and I know you had some technical issues on your own).  I am really getting into selections right now because I've gotten obsessed with quilting (I bet you noticed).  I have to go back and look up my notes on masking....I think I'm missing a lot on that topic too.  Always something.  I have a lot to learn and an old brain.  It's not easy when information falls out almost at the same rate as I try to pack it in.

Yes, i realized that i didn't address the fact that one can also save selections. Still not enough time in those classes!

I am in the process of re-recording it, and the recorder crashed on me AGAIN. I finally have it recorded, and i am in the editing process right now.

I might definitely consider a class on layers. I'll have to look at all that can be said, shown and explained about layers in an interesting manner (i don't want anyone to fall asleep during the presentation!) and will have it on my "to-do classes". Thanks for the suggestions.

I didn't realize until the last class that you could sort of open up the layers because they had layers inside of them (does that make sense?)....I keep wondering where I have been.

Anyway, you know I'll be in the front seat for the layers class.

I don't know how you can concentrate anyway.....isn't there a wedding coming up awfully fast?  You get an "A" for multi-tasking and staying calm in the midst of it all.

Yes, the wedding is Saturday. I finished the beaded veil, and i am trying to catch up as much as possible before leaving. With all the tech issues, the video of the class should be up later today. For the guidebook, it might be another day, or maybe not. The person who was supposed to do the guidebook for May has been MIA. I am worried and have not had any contact in almost 2 weeks. Since many people bought the class, i will have to do it myself, which will take another 4-6 hours minimum. Good thing i took this week off work! :)

And by the way, i think there is a chair with your name engraved in the front row!

The veil, what I've seen of it, looks gorgeous.

Under the circumstances, I, for one, would happily wait for the video and for the guidebook.  I have plenty of tutorials stacked up that I should take a look at.

I always get to sit in the front because I'm so short.  :)