Question about the Painted Background Script

Susan Ewart

Which folder do I add to the Brushes folder.  (Background 8-10 or Background 11).  I am using PSP 2023 and I'm not sure what the numbers in the Read Me file pertain to in the  "years" versions (I think it's BG 8-10, but not sure).  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Which folder do I add to the Brushes folder.  (Background 8-10 or Background 11).  I am using PSP 2023 and I'm not sure what the numbers in the Read Me file pertain to in the  "years" versions (I think it's BG 8-10, but not sure).  Thanks.

They are brushes, so save them all where you save your brushes, whether it is in the MyDocuments folder (the default) or your own custom folder. As long as it is listed in the File Location, it would be used normally. You will be using the Background 11 folder because those brushes are larger and would not be suitable for earlier versions of PSP.

Does that make sense?

32 minutes ago, Cassel said:

They are brushes, so save them all where you save your brushes, whether it is in the MyDocuments folder (the default) or your own custom folder. As long as it is listed in the File Location, it would be used normally. You will be using the Background 11 folder because those brushes are larger and would not be suitable for earlier versions of PSP.

Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you.  I knew to save them in the Brushes folder, I just didn't know which background folder to use.  I was going to choose 8-10, so it's a good thing you set me straight.  I will use BG - 11.  By the way, I have a bunch of Dozi's brushes and they are so small and get blurry if you try and go to big in size, can you make a brush bigger and still be sharp?

14 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

By the way, I have a bunch of Dozi's brushes and they are so small and get blurry if you try and go to big in size, can you make a brush bigger and still be sharp?

Back when those brushes were created, images were not as large as they are now. The only way you can TRY to enlarge your brushes is to re-create them, and enlarge them using the AIPowered resize. Hum... maybe a script? I'd have to look at that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

Back when those brushes were created, images were not as large as they are now. The only way you can TRY to enlarge your brushes is to re-create them, and enlarge them using the AIPowered resize. Hum... maybe a script? I'd have to look at that.

Oh please do look at that.  That would be cool.

• Like 2