why PSP 2018 is no good for me and looking for patches

Robert Boers

I use files of landscapes with several layers, such as foreground, middle and background and skies, etc. Up to X3 you could change each individual layer while still seeing the full picture in the Editor, so that you can assess the effect of one changed layer on the whole picture. Alas, from X4 and right up to PSP 2018, when you open a file with several layers, and wish to amend one layer, you can no longer see the full picture and assess the overall effect, only the layer at hand is visible. So I have continued to use X3 to my satisfaction all these years, untill now. My pc broke down and was replaced with a new one, but it appears it is now 64 bit, i.l.o. of 32 bit. Now X3 works all right, but when opening a folder, I get only icons, no thumbnails, except the .jpg files. I checked the relevant boxes in the Windows control planel/map options, but no luck. Now I hear, that when you insert the 5 patches for X3, then your problems are solved. Is that correct? And where can I get these 5 old patches? Can you help me?

Thanks

For the patches, they are available here : http://scrapbookcampus.com/resources/psp-patches/

For the thumbnails, check the Thumbnail Handler in the Utility section here: http://scrapbookcampus.com/resources/

when you open a file with several layers, and wish to amend one layer, you can no longer see the full picture and assess the overall effect, only the layer at hand is visible.

I am not sure what you mean here as I always see the "end result" of all the layers together. Would you mind explaining or adding a screenshot of what you are looking for?