Anyone having "Save" issues with PSP 2023

Sherie Dracup

Hi,  Support helped me reinstall PSP 2023 a while ago, and I thought all was working well.  However,  I thought it was not allowing me to save, as my files were not updating in the directory they are stored in.   I found that they were being saved to the last directory I saved a file to.   I never had this issue before, and it is not in 2021.  Then yesterday, it saved a file to a directory I had not saved anything to.  I only knew as the actual directory the file should have been in, did not reflect my updates.  I had to search my system to find the file, which I did and then moved to the correct directory. Could there be a setting I am missing that causes this?  Thanks for listening.

Hi,  I finally had a response from Corel support.

Here is the info:

"This is a known issue and I have sent all the information regarding the issue to our Development Team to investigate further. The Team does not provide us with any ETA required for the fix or workaround, thus we cannot provide any ETA at the moment. We hope it won’t take long. Once additional information or a fix is provided, we will contact you immediately."

• Love 1

Sherie I have the same problem if I'm not very careful to save in the correct place! When I was following the calendar workshop I have been searching many folders for elements I wanted to use and very often I didn't pay attention to where I saved my page. When I wanted to work on it later I had to search for it through a lot of my supplies folders, or even use the search function. But when I pay close attention where I save my project all is well and it is in the intended folder! It is a nuisance! So I'm very glad you contacted Corel support and hope you will share the solution to this annoying problem. Thank you for taking action!

@Sherie Dracup and @Corrie Kinkel

Sherie and maybe Corrie: What you describe reminds me of a PC virus. You can easily test your device for this yourself. Press the windows button and the letter R simultaneously. Then there is a drop window. Write enter MRT. Then follow what is asked. Enter yes. You have 3 options to choose. Now scanning starts. This may take several hours. If you have a virus it will be indicated on the display, write down the names and try to remove it. If this does not work, please contact Microsoft for help. You CANNOT continue working during this scan, then the scanning will stop.

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer

2 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

@Sherie Dracup and @Corrie Kinkel

Sherie and maybe Corrie: What you describe reminds me of a PC virus. You can easily test your device for this yourself. Press the windows button and the letter R simultaneously. Then there is a drop window. Write ENTER MRT. Then follow what is asked. Enter yes. Now scanning starts. This may take several hours. If you have a virus it will be indicated on the display, write down the names and try to remove it. If this does not work, please contact Microsoft for help. You CANNOT continue working during this scan, then the scanning will stop. 

Thank you Jannette, I'm pretty sure I don't have any virus on my pc. My husband is very cautious and runs a scan every week and we have a good antivirus program installed too. I have this little problem, I think since starting with PSP2023. I can avoid it by checking carefully where I save my work, but when I'm in a hurry and just save without looking then I have this annoying issue. 

• Thanks 1

I researched mrt.exe and found the following.  You don't have to run it.

The tool is updated by Microsoft on “Patch Tuesday”, which is the second Tuesday of every month.

After this patch has taken place, the tool automatically runs and reports any findings to Microsoft. You can find and run the tool yourself by typing mrt.exe into the Search box or command prompt window.

You can check the details of previous scans to see if the tool found any malware by using the following method:

• Press the Windows key + R
  • Type this string: %WINDIR%\debug folder, and press enter.
  • Open mrt.log file

This was my report from Nov. 14/23 - no issues.

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.119, (build 5.119.23110.1001)
Started On Tue Nov 14 13:15:53 2023

Engine: 1.1.23090.2007
Signatures: 1.399.892.0
MpGear: 1.1.16330.1
Run Mode: Scan Run From Windows Update

Results Summary:
----------------
No infection found.
Successfully Submitted Heartbeat Report
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Tue Nov 14 13:18:43 2023

So I guess we will have to wait to see what corel support comes back with.  Thanks for the input. 

• Thanks 2