How do I make a vector pointy square?

Suzy

If I were going to make this pointy square like this, I would make a square and then put four circles along the edges and delete, but that won’t get me a vector, will it? 

how do I make this shape? And I want a preset shape so I can change it to a Diamond with the same style.

https://www.stretchshapes.net/product/4-point-shape-1/

Well, I can’t figure out how to get the image from the website to this post. ☺️

Edited by Suzy

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

You can actually do that using the Symmetric Shape tool, set to 4 sides. then, you can move inward, the node that will appear on the side and all four sides will follow. That is a really cool tool to use! Try it.

Here is what I can get, left side. I'm using the flower side of the symmetric shape tool, not the shield side of it in case that matters. I think I used 55 on the radius.  What I want to get is the right side, but if I go too high on the radius, I get a circle. Round inner is checked, round Outer is unchecked.

Is this shape possible using symmetric shapes? with no pen tool?

Image60.jpg

• Like 1

Grrr. Grrrrrrrr! I have not had a good night tonight! And to see you so easily get that shape makes me inordinately furious!  What radius is that? If it’s anything in the range of 55, then why isn’t mine looking that smooth?  I keep thinking that PSP should come with that shape preloaded!

Thank you so much!

Is there a way to keep it even? And not off kilter? I know you get the symmetric node(s), but I also want it to hold the basic shape and not get all crazy.

I was thinking maybe holding down the shift key or the control key when you nudge the node in, for example? How did you keep yours so perfect?

thank you for the video…I still have such trouble with those darn VECTORS!

Suzy

Here's mine - I want to see it up and side by side, online and on a white background, but in general I still think yours is better. In the flower world, it has "more music".  Just a little if I'm not mistaken.  Hopefully I'm wrong because I have made this version my preset shape. After MUCH trial and error -- mostly error, LOL!  Thank you so much for the video!

To Post.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Have a look at this option: https://www.loom.com/share/0e3e60c90d10437eb9fc64a725b370ac?sid=d6851f82-510e-4d81-833c-26574ca887aa

and then, you can rotate it back 45 degrees when you are done.

Another great idea.  In the video when you did the less curvy curve (shortened the handles) it looked like it could be folded paper with the right shadows etc.

Carole, that is perfectly awesome, and exactly what was missing! Thank you! I love this shape! (I left a comment but this time it might look like I am commenting on a certain part of the video, but I wasn’t.)

I need to practice on my handles now. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️