Newsletter Chitchat - August 8, 2023

Cassel

So, do you have great parks in your area? Parks for kids, seniors, families?

Do you visit those parks? Do they have unique features?

I guess those could also be turned into a scrapbook page and shared with the municipalities! They would be impressed by your work!

Let's chat.

My town has a park with some of the same things you talked about in your newsletter. Unfortunately, it has been vandalized several times with things being broken. Hope your park doesn't have that problem. This park is also right on the edge of the river and has the boat ramp into the river. Not many boats use the river these days but some people do use this to put canoes into the river. On the other side of the river from this park is another area that isn't considered a park but it does have a gazebo and picnic tables. It is behind the buildings in our downtown area so there is a parking a lot as well. They have put fencing along the river to prevent accidental fall ins and have the fencing lined with the USA flags. My town is very patriotic.

All the parks around here are geared towards children. I can think of 3 separate parks in town. I know 2 of them do have gazebos that people can sit and enjoy nice weather (I drive by them often). Not sure about the other one. It is the one with the ballfields for little league games and is on the other side of town from me. I have never had a reason to visit it.

We do have a dog park but I don't like the location of it. It is near a highway and a pond. It does have fencing but it also doesn't have much shade. However, the city is putting in another dog park near the one park that has a gazebo. This is also near the waterpark (aka swimming pool). But it is also right next to the river. It will be fenced in and there are trees in the area so at least there would be shade. This area is about 1/2 mile from my house.

• Like 1