Another hobby

MoniqueN.

A friend of mine, also a Cricut machine owner, sent me a "how to" YouTube video of Stained glass cards. Today I've been trying to make them myself. The round one I couldn't find a template for, so made it myself ? It is a print and cut layout/template. You print the picture and the machine cuts it in the right size,  the rest of the template will be cut too. I'm happy with the result ?

stained -600.jpg

stained-1-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I don’t understand how they work, including set up with the computer, so I’ve resisted getting oneso far,  but these stained glass cards are compelling, Monique, beautifully executed.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 3:34 PM, MoniqueN. said:

A friend of mine, also a Cricut machine owner, sent me a "how to" YouTube video of Stained glass cards. Today I've been trying to make them myself. The round one I couldn't find a template for, so made it myself ? It is a print and cut layout/template. You print the picture and the machine cuts it in the right size,  the rest of the template will be cut too. I'm happy with the result ?

stained -600.jpg

stained-1-600.jpg

Monique these are lovely! It is that I won't take up another hobby anymore, otherwise this would be a candidate!

• Like 2

Here is a new hobby that is easy, fast and has no extra things to buy.

It’s called map crunching, https://www.mapcrunch.com

today’s image is from Bolivia, but I changed mine to a street scene outside of Oslo Norway. You can choose urban or rural, and the country, and a bunch of other stuff. Try it. Brought to you by Google Earth.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Suzy said:

I don’t understand how they work, including set up with the computer, so I’ve resisted getting oneso far,  but these stained glass cards are compelling, Monique, beautifully executed.

Although there are some differences, the biggest similarity to PSP is how you could open/import a file, resize it to what you need and "print" it. With a Cricut, you can print on YOUR printer and then cut on the Cricut, or for other designs, you just cut. One thing I would say is that once you are familiar with PSP and you get to the Cricut interface, you will miss so many tools and functions of PSP! You can't do selections. You can erase to remove sections, etc.

Personally, I will do all the work in PSP, and then save the PNG and import it in Cricut so I have very little manipulation to do with it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Oh, gosh, Carole, I didn’t even know that much! I thought a Cricut (and Silhouette) was like another printer and you “printed” to it, but instead of ink, it has blades. 

It can be used pretty much like that, but they have a few more features than "just a printing with blades". For example, the Cricut can also score lines, so if you need a fancy box (like when I did the Chocolate Frogs boxes, the scoring made it so much easier to fold the boxes correctly. Maybe, some day, I could do an article on the blog to show how to go from PSP to the Cricut!

• Like 1