Link and Lock are not visible

Suzy

Hi, Everybody. Here is an easy question, I think.

I have two photos for illustration purposes. One is narrow and show the size of the Layers Palette I want to have. But the Link and Lock do not show because they are way off to the right, see wider image with the red circles.

I have no use for, well, it would be most accurate to say, I don't know how or why to use "collapse all layers", "Expand All layers" "Show and Hide Quick Search", "Show/ Hide Layer effects" or "Edit selection.", so to me those are just wasting valuable real estate for what I do use which is Lock and Link. Right now I am clicking the link and using the properties, but It's slower. I thought 2023 did away with the Lock and Link and even suggested they make it right clickable on their website, LOL!

The question is how to get both Lock and Link way to the right so they show in my narrow Layers Palette.

Thanks!

May.jpg

May2.jpg

The main problem with your Layers palette is that you have Text instead of Icons. Do you want to keep them as text? or get the icons (which would take less space)?

To get the icons back, go to View > Customize, and while the Customize dialog window is open, go and right-click on the text (ex: "Collapse all layers"), and select Icon in the list that will come up. Repeat that for each of them (annoying, I know!)

You can repeat the same thing at the bottom too.

Now, if you really don't want some of those commands, you can click on them and drag them to the middle of your workspace. That should remove them from the palette.

Once you are happy, remember to save that workspace (with the version number in the name) so you can re-load it as needed in the future.

Ug. Thank you for the reply and fix, Carole.

I use File -> Workspace -> Save, right?

Looks like there are a whole lot of useful things in the icon listing that I didn't even see!

I had hoped to have fun tonight with glitter....now I'm fishing for icons.  :(

9 hours ago, Suzy said:

9 hours ago, Cassel said:

To get the icons back, go to View > Customize, and while the Customize dialog window is open, go and right-click on the text (ex: "Collapse all layers"), and select Icon in the list that will come up. Repeat that for each of them (annoying, I know!)

I can't get the directions to work!

Is there another step? This is what I get, but nothing happens when I right click. I mean nothing happens.

The last photo -- HOWEVER I was able to get rid of the text by using reset...just no icons to be found, especially ones that say Lock, or Link and I know what they look like, too!  (whereas I don't know what the other icons would look like). 

May 4.jpg

May 5.jpg

May 3.jpg