paintshop pro x5

gwen jewitt

I have just reinstalled paintshop pro x5 on my new laptop, and it looks different to how it was displayed  my old  laptop. The icons are small and the workspace looks smaller. I know I did something with psp on my old laptop to make it look more like psp9 but as it was about 11 years ago I have forgotten what I did. Any  help would be appreciated.

Go to View > Customize and under the Options tab, make sure the "Use small icons" is unchecked.
Another thing that could affect the whole display is your monitor resolution. I personally use a lower resolution than recommended because otherwise, everything is smaller (which is a problem when I teach or record video tutorials).

Hi Cassel thank you for your reply I looked through your video tutorials and found what you have suggested in your reply. I unchecked the small icons but it remains the same,

I have taken off all the things I don't use I have managed some changes like windows tabbed. Tried lowering the resolution  I have a 17 " screen but I didn't like the way it left black empty spaces down each side. I have attached a screenshot so you can see what it looks like now.

Image2.jpg

I don't know how it looked before but yeah, by reducing the resolution, you will have some empty side bars. I got so used to mine that I don't notice them anymore. So you might be stuck with either that, or small icons. It is all because the resolution of your monitor is likely different than what you had before.

Do you know that newer versions of PSP have even larger icons now? Perfect even for low vision!