Close-Up-Script

libera

Hello on this saturday afternoon (in Germany),

I'm playing with different scripts I downloaded  a few days ago from Carole's "Creation Cassel" page.

For this one I tried the different shapes, round, square and rounded square but always get the same result, the rounded square one, no matter what variable I define. I use the windows editor to change shape and size. I can't find my mistake.

Is there someone else who worked already with this script? The PSP Version is 2021.

Libera, did you edit the script code, on line 22?

If so, did you resave the script? if you did, did you use the same name or maybe add a 1 for option 1, a 2 for option 2, etc.? This could be a simple way to have all three options at your fingertips without having to re-edit.

Thanks a lot Carole,

my editor doesn't show the number of lines but this is the place where I changed the variable and each time I resaved the change. It is my first try today and wanted to know how it works. Changing the size was no problem. Wrong place?

def DoStep1(Environment):

###########################################

#### User defined variables

# Choose the shape you want the close up to be

Shape = 2         # 1 - Round  2 - Square  3 - Rounded square

You have the correct line.

I just edited my version and it works as intended.

Can you save it with a -2 to the filename? Is it possible there is another copy in your system and it might read the other one first?

Thank you again for your help, Carole,

I made a little break to think it over and (re)start from the beginning. Saving the file must have been the problem. I knew it will be a very cool script, once I will have solved my problem.

I did these steps: I cancelled the last file, placed back your original script file in the PSP-Folder "Documents/Corel PaintShop Pro/2021/Scripts-Restricted" (information for those who would read this and be interested).

Then I made 2 copies of the first file in the folder, opened them with the editor, chose the shape and the size, saved the files and renamed them afterwards as you proposed 1,2,3 for the different options.

Now I'm happy again and enthusiastic about your script. Thumbs up!! :)

P.S.  Forgot to ask, what would be the appropriate file type to choose, when you want to save the changed option with an other name directly and not do it like I did?