BOOTCAMP July 2020

Cassel

If I'm going to eat a sandwich, I'm going to EAT A SANDWICH!   Dagwood knew what he was doing.

In retrospect, there was a lot more I might have done with your kit, but didn't .  There is a lot of creativity going on in here.

For lesson #3,  I borrowed from a couple of kits.  My color ring in materials never got color and I had to use the blocks, but only did the text, anyway.

You were absolutely correct,  it is a really good way to learn new techniques and tools.  I just hope I remember most of what I am learning.

Day 1:

Ive tweaked my workspace and background colours back to dark grey and medium gray. I do some night sky pictures and so the darker background helps. I left the learning centre open but squashed up since I always seem to forget which selection tools does what. I expanded the material pallet slightly to get more on.

Day 3

Sailing … sailing

I noticed that the 3d effects need the image in 8 bits so I had to add the drop shadow on the embellishments before copying into my picture.

Also I could not crop a picture that was already in a layer, I could only crop the original picture. Resize and rotate the layer- yes, but not crop ?

Thanks much Fay!  And your cats are truly beautiful and so elegant looking.

So I'm working on the scrapbook page and I'm almost done.  Working on the text and have changed size and font but for the life of me I don't see where to change the color in PSP X8.  If I start randomly clicking on things I might mess it up!

I have three photos for Dickson Falls to use in the album I'm doing.  Since I didn't want to do a third page on Dickson Falls, I used both photos in this layout.  Carole, in the video, you mentioned the compression value setting when saving a jpg file.  This was interesting.  I guess I probably was aware of it at one time but this was a good reminder.  I do have a question for you, however.  I'm using PSP19 and am slowly becoming comfortable with it BUT, it's driving me nuts auto-saving.  I disabled the Auto-Preserve and thought that would fix it but there must be something else I need to do.  Any thoughts?

I've decided I don't like that pinky colour I picked up from one of the photos, so I've made a change.

Susan, once you have your text highlighted, in the Materials palette, changing the material on the top swatch would change the outline (if it is not set to 0). If you change the material of the bottom swatch, it will change the fill of the text. See how it works.

Hi Fay,

"BUT, it’s driving me nuts auto-saving"

The autosaving is done because if PSP19 crashes, you don't loose what you were working on. Starting PSP 19 if such happens will set the files back. On regular times you see the white beam going from left to right as it is telling you that PSP takes your file in its memory.  Hope this will help you to kow that it has a function and what is more bad, having your files back or hours work lost.

Fay, there is Auto-Preserve that you can uncheck under Files > Preferences > General Program preferences > Auto-preserve. But there is also the Auto-Save that you can change (or remove) under Files > Preferences > Autosave Settings. There you can adjust the time between saves. Make sure you set it on the correct tab, which is the Edit workspace.

But as Ben mentions, it can save you some headache if your program or computer freezes or crash midway during a project. You can set it for every 20 minutes if you prefer. It also saves all the images on your workspace so if you have many images open.

Thanks Carole, and Ben, I do understand the purpose of both Auto-Save and Auto-Preserve.  I have my own pattern of saving whether I'm designing or doing a layout.  The auto process messes that up completely.  I've disabled Auto-save in every version of PSP I've used with no dire results.  In PSP 19 I couldn't find the Auto-Save until you, Carole, pointed me in the right direction.  In every other PSP I've used it was under General Preferences so, stupid old woman that I am, I didn't think to look on the same menu where General Preferences is listed.  Anyway, all is well and thank you both.  ?

Hi Best Teacher,  Hi All Love everyone's work.

Got mine done in Record time, Plus I could do, and follow all our Teachers instructions with No Hassle at all.  Omg this was so fun, most fun I had so far.  I wrote the maker of the Kumbaya and said thank you, loved this kit so much!

Gave me good thoughts and loved every bit of it.  I had a rough day worrying about a 11 yr old boy missing here, haven't heard a word about it till today.  And hes been missing 3 days!  The news just kills me all the time, :(  Nuff of that.   :(

This lesson this today helped me so much, and reading and seeing all you all stuff.   Thanks all.    Our Governor made it mandatory to wear a mask over 10 yrs old, or you can get a misdemeanor charge and up to 500 in fines.

Day 5

Here's my 2nd scrapbook page. I decided that I would use this workshop opportunity to make pages from our cats. Although we take a lot of photos of them, they don't often get honored so prominently on scrapbook pages. (I normally do the old fashioned paper pages.)

I really enjoyed learning the shortcuts for several functions.

Digital kit from Club Scrap - Avant Garde (March 2008).

Busy day today; but I finally made time to complete the assignment. I have always tried to learn keyboard shortcuts instead of all the menus and clicking so many of the Ctrl key shortcuts were familiar. There is a set of PSP2020 keyboard shortcuts that can be printed from the program. The Ctrl+L was a new one to me and one I will use a lot.

I found a couple of free template sets from digidebdesigns.com that I used elements for this assignment.

No problems today. I am starting to dig this scrapbooking.

Thanks to my very special daughter-in-love for allowing me to use her lovely photo.  A couple of years ago she sat beside this to eat her lunch.

Sorry, I didn't follow directions for papers placement and don't have patience left to go back and try to change them.

I used the kit "garden of the confidences" by paprika.

The title font is "Edda" and the text is Janda "As Long As You Love Me"

A hunter killed a mountain lion mama and she fell on one kitten and it died.  The hunter went out the next day and got the other two kittens and brought them to the Wildlife Center and it turned out they would never be releasable, so we raised them and they finally went to a zoo when they were old enough.  They have greyish blue eyes because they are blind for several weeks after birth.  They were explorers and loved petting and cuddling, but not as much as a bobcat.  They did sound like a chain saw when they purred.

A hunter killed a mountain lion mama and she fell on one kitten and it died.  The hunter went out the next day and got the other two kittens and brought them to the Wildlife Center and it turned out they would never be releasable, so we raised them and they finally went to a zoo when they were old enough.  They have greyish blue eyes because they are blind for several weeks after birth.  They were explorers and loved petting and cuddling, but not as much as a bobcat.  They did sound like a chain saw when they purred.   I accidently hit the send button a second time and the computer told me off.

I hope it gets thru this time.  I had to add the picture, again and add some text.

Hello

Today I’m posting my second project, Nelson, our grandson, was special in many ways. He was born with a disease that increasingly crippled his body, not his mind, he was gifted in so many ways. Although he needed total care as far as physical needs, he never complained, was cheerful and encouraging those around him. He blessed so many people during his short life and we miss him.

Henry