What are you working on in February 2020?

Cassel

Indian pattern overlay, recoloured and backed with 2 layer of paper reduced ocupancy,  extracted a  indian lovers picture from my stock and some text , highlighed the lovers with  rainbow colours, used another layer and reduced the size, and added an effect for text backing, then framed.  Heart, from stock recoloured to gold and arrow emblem also from my stock applied noise , 2 different blurs. Used various effect to manipulate colour, softening , noise, blur and feathering. Finished with some stars xx

James, I agree that the yellow channel was not the best to add snow, but remember that since it is made into a mask, you can brush the snow where you want and it does not have to be all over. In addition, you CAN repeat the process with the green channel too. You definitely have "permission" to use masks twice! ;)

Hi Sweet Teacher

Here is this lesson "How can you change the color of those alpha beads?"

Inside them is a Love You from your love text paper And your other paper :) just showing love and thanks

going to bed now, had to try to upload some work I am working reading and stuff... thank you

some papers I made this morning from a design I made. Turned it into a template to make an overlay, Still needs a bit of tweeking, I am having trouble with papers slipping and the ruler overlaps my images,   Anyone know how to solve duplicating please, I copied from my original but the sizes changed , mirror image I though should cure that but it did the same.  Any suggestions greatfully recieved   Thank yo xx

xx

Trish, I'm a newbie and we have never met but I wanted to tell you how much I love your Good Luck masterpiece.  I wish it were mine.  I saw a splash something like that on Pixel Scrapper and wondered how it could be used, this is a wonderful example.  Thanks for posting.

Hugs,

Diana Craft, aka PandorasHatBox

Good Morning! I  wanted to show everyone my blunder.  Cassel very gently informed me (in Cassel's usual kind manner) that I had gotten ahead of myself by making a "Love-ish Challenge" that missed the mark.  As I am wont to do, I jumped ahead working on a project that was completely wrong.   Cassel suggested I post it here to show what I have been doing lately anyway, thinking you might be as interested in seeing my attempts as I am in seeing all of yours.  You are all so much farther along than I, but what I lack in skill I make up in enthusiasm. As usual, I do go on for a bit and I hope you will bear with me.

I started out with one idea and it quickly morphed into another unrecognizable form.  Unlike most of you here, I do more physical scrapbooking than virtual.  I have a lot of time on my hands since I only sleep an average of 2 to 3 hours a night, with the wonderful opportunity to catnap whenever I wish, leaving me with lots of time to dabble in a variety of creative activities.

Since it is the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen's works I have been making several journals of hand bound papers filled with images, small pockets for tags and other embellishments and hang dangles of relating charms to the hand-made covers.  I do a lot of coloring with Copic Markers and then cut the elements out and adhere them with mounting tapes creating a "Diana Original" in mixed media.  The idea I had for my love story is in the first image below.  I found this image on one of the sites offering free coloring pages.  The girl with the moon sliver immediately made me think of "Once in a Blue Moon" saying, something I was reminded of by my Mother when I broke with tradition and married a divorced man.  Once in a blue moon. was the chance of my having a good marriage with the man of my choice.  My Mother and friends were wrong! Their tears at my decision was misplaced and after 55 years together I can say that with confidence.  In the second image, is the great night sky background that I ended up using in a much different way than I had planned.

Then, remembering I was told my head was in the clouds which led to my adding the image of us floating amoung those self-same clouds, blissfully happy after 55 years together and that is "My Story of Love" that may not be right for the exercise perhaps, but was too much work to just set aside.  It really does happen once in a blue moon, I'm very fortunate and wanted to share.

I'll try to do better and read the instructions next time. (S)

hugs,

Diana, aka PandorasHatBox

Thank you for your lovely greeting Trish and your special compliments.  Then you went and posted this one, WOW!  That is so romantic it made my heart pump faster. What a beauty!  I love the way you snuggled the fan, roses and memory album under the page roll.  I've used a page roll before but I'd never seen it utilized so nicely.  Is that family in the grouping? Very handsome.  XX

Diana

Another pattern I create, I then cut it down into several layer to create an overlay, recoloured each lay.

the pattern is a corner, so duplicate and mirror images to make a frame, added various  drop shadows on all most layer before merging, added another drop shadow and chiseled after putting a back paper which I added welcome after cutting it from another paper, duplicated the word to make a double shadow.   Added some flower as accent.    Merged all  Then added a backing paper and a top layer of topography for effect.

Hi Carole, I miss calculated Sues one, instead of 6 leaves I made 6 layers , 3 layers would have been much easier, but it only took ten minutes to do from an old tut I learnt from a more difficult problem years ago.  It was more difficult to do it now than it was on 7  but still simple.  The longest part was the calculations.

1 x heart  / duplicate 6 times / place guides either side and 1 in the middle/ calc between 1st and middle guides and divide by amount of layers you are using / starting with top layer using the pick tool, chose perspective / grab top node and bring across to next node, both side will come in evenly / repeat on bottom node/ go to next layer and repeat till all layers are folded in.  /add drop shadow to each layer.

I was only trying to see if it worked so didnt take it any further, bringing in the bottom layer i did vary it to form the shape, also I bought the top of each layer down, as I thought it formed a heart , but Sues's one didnt making it more a 3D look.   Be interesting to do it again, any suggestion to improve it.  Actuallly I though it made a nice sweetheart leaf.

What I couldnt do was to put a drop shadow all round it to define the layers better,