Bootcamp - January 2020

Cassel

Back to school Day 3 lesson done and (at least partially) absorbed.

needed a quick pic to post to make my friends jealous of my recent Caribbean cruise!

Next is to try to set up my own website to post my projects onto - much better than just having millions of pics sitting on my hard drive.

See you all next time

Graham

I have already changed the title on my own full sized layout but think posting the same layout three times with minor changes would be way too.much. I did not use a kit   I made the paper and the scalloped edge a while back though I added texture now and turned  the scallop.hanky into a ribbon, the  round  elements are a brush I made on the fly, from the v rake brush  with rotation and color and step variances to make it wheel, the beads are a single ball  on a transparent background used as a pattern with a  brush with a scatter variance and color variance based off your snow variance settings, sorry to go.on so.long.

Dorothy, that is lovely to have two pages already about your dog. Many people have so many photos of their pets; they deserve their own albums! I noticed that the shadows on the red page seem to be quite large. At least, much larger than the other page. It does make small elements like the title look like they are floating over the page. On the other hand, that type of shadow is perfect for a flower, which is, by definition, much thicker than paper, therefore would have a wider shadow. Is it possible that you just reused the same settings without noticing the difference?

Cindy, your shadows are also a bit large, making small elements (like the string and the beads) look like they are coming off the page. Also, I think you rearranged the layers and moved the star layer below its own shadow. That is an easy mistake when you have shadows on separate layers and you move things around. At least, it is a super simple fix.

Lyn, very good idea to move the lettuce by the bread. I guess others just ate their sandwich too fast to let the bread get soggy! ;)

Diana, that is a lovely presentation for the photo. I am curious how you did the edges. Are you usin a frame from PSP? Also, just so I can keep track of assignments, is this your interpretation of the Project 1? If so, it will count toward the entries for the draw.

Helen, I think you like warm milk instead of coffee? Yes, the sandwich looks good.

Lydia, I see what you mean when you mention the background and I don't find the black shadows to be too heavy at all. In fact, black shadows are normal shadows. Look around, in your room, on your desk, etc. Shadows are always black. They might look like other colors because the shadows are blurred so it will show the colors underneath. In general, if you have a darker (or busy) background, you migt make the shadow a little bit more prominent, but by adjusting the blur, it will make it less "harsh". But adding a white shadow CAN be a trick to make text stand out, but it has to be discrete enough that it does not LOOK like a shadow. Check out the Blog; on several images, you can see that white shadow, except that it is not meant to be a real shadow.

Graham, yes, you can make anyone jaleous with those photos! And go ahead. You are allowed! I am curious if the background image is meant to be "faded" or not. I think it looks great as faded so the focus is on the ship photo, but *IF* you wanted it bright and it CAME faded, you can adjust it. If you need/want to, let me know and I'll give you some steps.

Peggy, that is great that you did your elements yourself. Don't hesitate to say so when you use your own supplies! And I agree, no need to repost small edits. You CAN if you want, but you don't have to. :)

Thank you so much and if this gets me in the drawing, I am thrilled. (S)  The frame is in this edition of PSP,  I went to image/frame/edge rough 1.  I had this frame in PSP7 too and it was always my favorite.  If they had to add just a few frames I think this was one of the best. I have included a copy of the original image and then a snapshot of adding the frame, choosing OUTSIDE options for the placement.

Just an aside, the bottom portion of Addy's dress is sheer and green grass showed through as I separated it from the background and looked strange. With some experimentation, I selected just that area and decreased the transparency and it worked.. I was so pleased, it did the job.

Henry, what makes you doubt your work? Everyone's style is different, even if you all follow the same tutorial, you will have different photos, different stories and different preferences. You can start that scrapbook now, or just "practice" first and get into the full project later. It is up to you. As for your layout, I would only suggest to reduce the offset of the shadows on the text which would make it a bit easier to read.

Lydia, that is such a fun sandwich! I am sure any child would love to eat it!

Diana, that is what I thought that it was one of those frames. I don't tend to use them, but maybe I should. I have to say that the contrast is stunning between the "original" photo and the end result you got with the work. Very inspiring.

Trudie, that is a fun project. I see that you used "shadows" in different directions, but in your layout, it does work because even though it is the "Drop shadow" command, it does not look like it is meant as a shadow, but more as an emphasis. That is good!

Gwen, great arrangement for that layout! Have you added some shadows on the plants? I think it would add some dimension but make sure you don't have a large offset as they are still supposed to be flat on the paper!

Look forward to the next project tomorrow! And don't worry if you are a little late; with two days between projects, it should help you catch up.

Having a little trouble with lesson 3, I downloaded the picture of Lemon into PSP and resized it.  When I tried to download the paper from the addon freebie and tried to use PSP to open it, I got a warning on my PSP page:

Unable to open the file,

Please verify that the file is valid.

So Lemon is ready, just no paper to stick her on!   HELP

Day 4 Lesson:

I used My pic. of My 4 Legged Babies & free Items off google sites, I get a lot off cleanpng.com

3D My Layers, No Sugar cookie Flowers, I like the depth 3D look, I agree I did my flowers a bit too much, to much shine, I do my Banners like that got into the habit of it. lol

Dropped shadow on all.

Resize to 600 pixels

How many Lessons do we have?

I have learn different things I didn't know, Enjoying the Lessons.

Thank you :)

Sorry I decided the current scraps were a bit too girly for me so I pulled some aircraft pics and practised with the "shortcuts" for cutting/pasting etc.

May go back to flowery themes and try again using background papers etc later

Keep up the good stuff - learning loads about post production to enhance my photos

See you all tomorrow

Graham

Sorry I decided the current scraps were a bit too girly for me so I pulled some aircraft pics and practised with the "shortcuts" for cutting/pasting etc.

May go back to flowery themes and try again using background papers etc later

Keep up the good stuff - learning loads about post production to enhance my photos

See you all tomorrow

Graham

This is my day four,  Shaun and Mara being the Queen and King of the May at a birthday party in 2008. I am trying to put together a time line of pages  for them as they married in September. no kit though I think the leaves were made in superbladepro from a tube my butterfly photo and papers all done in psp.

Hi Cassel and Everyone,

First Thank you Cassel your Awesome, Love everyone's entries wow. So it took me all day I started like 9 times

finally I called calf rope. And had to go back to my rinky dink way I did lesson 2 because I could not follow the lesson 4 instructions for anything. When I seen it I was so excited Cassel thought oh yay I can do this, last lesson helped me a lot.

But what stopped me every time, no matter if I used one essentials or other. Every time I tried to start a new canvas, I put in 3660 and any number it changes back to 6666 i clear the number in both and I put in the ending 3660 or the second one it always goes back to 6666. Please Cassel give me your numbers in all your set up, I know now from your videos its all in the settings. I cant make a new canvas with numbers other than what is in there when you open it. There's no changing my numbers.

But the new command helped my going back and forth as I did to finish it :( your ways the fast easy way but my program will not let me change my size. P.s. thank you loving your class I am starting to think of scrapbooking now cant wait but got to lean the right way you show. I also want to use the good program the essentials does not have stuff like soften push some things I want to learn all the options

kept the shadows all the same last time I was having fun and went off script sorry

Bootcamp Day 4:

I am trying to keep this as a start of the doggies I have loved over the years commencing with the present resident, little Trixie. She is a spunky monkey and a little trickster, not at all like the well trained poodles in my past. Her only saving grace is that she really loves me and is on my heels all the time.

Her is one of the pictures taken on her first unleased backyard adventure.

My neice loves my 2 page ever made, her chris is 1 yr old shes in nursing school and now she said shes interested in this too... so right now shes in a class she has no Extra time, but Soon as she gets a break i will be sending her here. Shes a single Mom in nursing school sweet 22 yr old. thanks

I just want my program to work like yours work, I bought the newest one 2020 Can I please can I have a screen shot or a list of your settings. thank you

Love you guys this is fun WELL WHEN THINGS WORK, ITS FUN.

THANK YOU CASSEL YOU REALLY GOT ME INTO THIS, I JUST WANTED TO FIX SOME OF MY PICTURES BUT I WANT TO SCRAPBOOK NOW

IN THE PAST I BOUGHT SO MUCH STUFF BUT DONATED THE BIG BOX TO GOODWILL I NEVER GOT AROUND TO USING ALL OF IT.

BUT NOW I WANNA DO THIS THANKS I KNOW YOU... CANT WAIT TILL I get your email. I know you will know the Anwser.