Bootcamp - January 2020

Cassel

Aletha, whenever you resize to 600 pixels, you have to make sure that the image stays proportional, so it might be 600 pixels in width, and it might be a different height. There is no need to make it 600x600, unless you start with a square image (like a scrapbook page for example).

Inam, next time I have a chance to go to Corel, I'll try to remember that you are also in Ottawa!

Henry, that would be a great album to create to showcase all that work of hers! Looking forward to read more about it.

Claire, welcome! Who is that beauty?

Liese, yes, the tutorial was recorded using PSP2019, so it should look familiar to you! And who is that baby? Is this going to be the star of your projects?

Colleen, I hope you saw that I was able to retrieve your initial post from the email notification I got. I added it to oa previous post of yours. It must have been a glitch (oh the technology!)

Peggy, happy to see you back!

Dorothy, you will see that even if you have PSP2020, it is almost identical to PSP2019 in the videos. You won't feel lost.

Diana, are you using the old JASC PSP7 or a newer Corel PSPX7?

Leslie, looking forward to seeing you showcasing that woodworking. So many hobbies and topics can be the theme of a scrapbook album as there are always stories to tell.

Trudie, what version are you using?

Jnet, bon retour!

I know we have MANY lurkers. Come and say hi. If you don't have time to do the lesson, you can still just say so. If you start late, it is ok too!

Hi There,

I am looking forward to relearning PSP. I started with PSP 7.  I took classes then and I felt like I could edit photos pretty well.  Time goes by and even though I have downloaded the newer versions every year but I did not keep up with the classes. PSP has changed over the years, of course. I have PSP 2020 and hope to start at the beginning to learn how to use it. I am trying to learn how to correct photos again. My grandson has a reddish color that I would like to correct. I would love to learn how to fix this problem. Hi All

Sally

Aletha, do you have the images in the Tabbed or untabbed? The Background color refers to what is around the images when the images are Tabbed. If they are untabbed (like I have them), you won't see that "background" that is changing color and you might not need it either.

Hi all

I can't wait to get started on using PSP as it's meant to be. I've used it for pic resizing and basic correction for years but all my photos are just stacked on my hard drive and never seen. I'm hoping that scrap booking my various trips will allow me to present them in an interesting manner and not just boring slideshows.

And a good way to avoid some awful UK winter weather! Maybe I could scrapbook the pics in greyscale! Think I'll start with my holiday snaps.

cheers to all

Graham

OK I Clicked on Maintain print size in resize.

Pic to work on.

May need another one if this class doesn't do fix old pic.

Do I need a good pic?

Day one

Workspace – dark grey

Background - light gray

Palettes –Checked open, layers, materials and tool options, all others closed.

I’m using PSP 2020

Pic. in 600 pix

I live in Texas

Hi all

I can't wait to get started on using PSP as it's meant to be. I've used it for pic resizing and basic correction for years but all my photos are just stacked on my hard drive and never seen. I'm hoping that scrap booking my various trips will allow me to present them in an interesting manner and not just boring slideshows.

And a good way to avoid some awful UK winter weather! Maybe I could scrapbook the pics in greyscale! Think I'll start with my holiday snaps.

cheers to all

Graham

Hello everyone, I am from the east coast of Canada, have been using Paintshop Pro off and on for a long time. This is not the first time that I take the Bootcamp. It is a great place for a beginner or advanced to get into using Paintshop Pro.

The instructor Carole, very informative and she creates great videos that helps us along. I am glad to be part of this Bootcamp again, and have always come away with new information that I had missed the first time around.

So have fun and enjoy learning PSP.   I am using dark and light backgrounds in my preferences, I do switch between both. I do plan doing Scrapbooking about my family, like the picture below, those are my children, still call them my babies.

Hi All,

Tink from Florida here. I have been using PSP since Jasc owned it; and I still have lots to learn about the program. I have 2020 Ultimate which I preordered (I'm just can't seem to wait). My user interface is all small and dark grey background. I have the standard toolbar as well as a customized toolbar for the adjustment and effects I use the most. I also have a script toolbar that includes my most used scripts that are bound (thanks for that tip Carol). To right is the overview, materials and script output palettes, one on top of the other. To the left of them is my layers palette. I am fortunate enough to have two hi-def monitors with one being a touchscreen. I do have a tablet and pen; but don't have enough room on my current desk for it. The picture is of Cat which I will using.

Tink

Hello I am cindy

I got my email and got logging in, was in the bootcamp page watching the video on moving my files aka brushes ect to a place on the hard  drive and I got a email.  I went to it, not knowing I couldnt get back into that page.  Please someone where is the Link I am regestered for this class but its ???   I cant find how to get in and I didnt get to see the whole video  and lost my link :(  help  please

also I didnt have those 2 directorys  just the 2020 that I just bought.

Thank you Aletha, you were faster than I was responding to Cindy (timezones I guess).

Cindy, sorry I could not respond on time (I was sleeping!) but as you see, this community is very helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions. The multiple directories are simply because I have 14 versions installed. Yours is ok.

Dorothy, the Essential vs Complete workspace is on the Home tab on top. Do you see the little house icon? Once you click there, that is where it should have the option. If you keep the Essential workspace (which is what you have as per your screenshot), you will be "missing" a few commands. Can you check that?

Karon, long time no see it seems. Lovely cat. Looking forward to how you will display your photo!

Helen, we will "meet" your family now! How exciting!

Trudie, the "background" change in color is for when the images are tabbed. If you have them UNtabbed, like I recommend, what you see behind the images won't change based on the "background". It might seem a little confusing because, really, it is IN the background. So, don't worry. If you keep your images UNtabbed, it won't make a difference.

Graham, it will be nice to travel with you through your photos. Looking forward to it!

Aletha, although we don't NEED a good pic in order to tell our story, that particular photo of yours could use a simple process to improve. Check this article and see what you can do. It is always fun when we can improve the photos we already have. It is like taking the photo again!