Bootcamp - January 2020

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp2-800-Title.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at the time, one concept at the time and you will create one project at the time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on January 13th, you can post your pages in here.

Remember to resize your image to about 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready !

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announce it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

This time around, instead of cramping the 7 tutorials in 7 consecutive days, they will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. I am making this change based on some feedback I have received so hopefully, it will be easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

I think everyone is a little shy. I have SOOOO MANY registrations for the Bootcamp this month!!! I think a lot of people have taken on some new year resolution related to showcasing their photos instead of keeping them gathering dust on their computer or their phone or their camera.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's project. Be patient: you still have a few days to wait.

Hi Cassel,

Looks like I may be the first for the Jan 2020 Bootcamp.  I'm new to PSP, although I've had the software since 2016.  Until I retired I didn't have, (couldn't find) the time to learn to use it.  I'm now doing quite a bit of Woodturning in the warmer months and am looking for ways to best display my works online.  I'm not sure scrapbooking will be the answer but I'm sure the techniques will be very useful.  I've included a picture of one of my class projects for use in then next few days.  I have quite a few more pictures when the time comes.

Leslie

PS - I have now played with the background settings for my workspace.  Changed from Dark to Medium.  As for the workspaces themselves, I think I'll keep most open as reminders that they are there.  I'll likely close the Learning Centre and the Organizer in a few days.

Aletha, it is either a glitch or an error on my end. This Bootcamp also took place in November, and for some unknown reasons, some people have received the one for November. I am investigating, but you are now in the right place!

It seems that those many registrants were sent the emails to the November Bootcamp before I changed them to January. It was just a few seconds!! The system was simply faster than I was. It is fixed now so you should no longer receive those "out of order" emails.

Sorry for this. Technology is there to keep us on our toes, right?

Today is just the "Get ready" part of it.

Day 1 should be tomorrow, January 13th.

Day 2 should be Tuesday, January 14th.

Then, we will give you more time and the following emails should be every other day.

We don't want to rush you!

I am so excited about starting, I have been using PSP 7 and I received this pic from my daughter this week, my grand-great-daughter Paisley, she loves pretty clothes, high-heel shoes and ANYONE'S shoes or boots, so I thought they might appreciate this layout. LOL She reminds me of a little "Campbell Kid!" (S)

Fashionista

Hi I am  repeating the boot camp  to fine tune parts I missed last time.  had about  a ten year break from scrapbooking before starting again in Sept . was confused by getting all the posts in one day  I  did the first layout today and   used my own  paper  and ad libbed elements on the fly hope its ok if I post it now

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post the homework for Day 1. I did a long introduction in an introduction topic somewhere else, so I won't go into it all of it again. :)  But I will make a long story short. I used PSP 7 many yrs ago, to make graphics, but stopped using it. I decided to get back into it and focus on designing for products and scrapbook papers, etc. I had no idea how popular digital scrapbooking is, so I may also start doing that and this bootcamp is perfect for that. But it's also perfect for me learning how to use PSP again (I now have version 2020), since many yrs ago I never really learned the ins and outs of the program, just followed tutorials. I want the knowledge now!

So anyway, here is my homework for Day 1 of the bootcamp:

1. My preferences are: dark gray for the workspace and light gray for the background. I find the dark workspace is easier for me to see the text on the workspace. That leads me to a question....is there a way to change the text color & boldness of the entire workspace?

The toolbars I'm using are the standard toolbars. The palettes I'm keeping open are the Materials, Layers, and Learning Center.

2. Here is one of the photos I will be using for this bootcamp. This is my dog, Penny, and I just love her expression in this pic.  :)

I am very confused right now. Does anyone see my previous comment in here?

I posted a small intro and also my homework for Day 1 of the bootcamp. I then edited the post a couple times to ask a question and then to remove the question when I found my answer. But now I don't see my post at all. However, it is still showing in the post #count and my name too.

Please let me know if you can see my previous post and if so, I'll just chalk it up to a glitch on my end. If not, I'll re-post my homework.

Thanks!

Here is the recovered message from Colleen from a few minutes ago (I just don't have the image):

I hope this is the right place to post the homework for Day 1. I did a long introduction in an introduction topic somewhere else, so I won't go into it all of it again. :)  But I will make a long story short. I used PSP 7 many yrs ago, to make graphics, but stopped using it. I decided to get back into it and focus on designing for products and scrapbook papers, etc. I had no idea how popular digital scrapbooking is, so I may also start doing that and this bootcamp is perfect for that. But it's also perfect for me learning how to use PSP again (I now have version 2020), since many yrs ago I never really learned the ins and outs of the program, just followed tutorials. I want the knowledge now!

So anyway, here is my homework for Day 1 of the bootcamp:

1. My preferences are: dark gray for the workspace and light gray for the background. I find the dark workspace is easier for me to see the text on the workspace. That leads me to a question....is there a way to change the text color & boldness of the entire workspace?

The toolbars I'm using are the standard toolbars. The palettes I'm keeping open are the Materials, Layers, and Learning Center.

2. Here is one of the photos I will be using for this bootcamp. This is my dog, Penny, and I just love her expression in this pic.  :)

Colleen, I am not sure where it went. I did see it and you mentioned that you liked the dark gray for the workspace and light gray for the background. But it is gone now. I have no clue. I'll see if I can retrieve it and add it to the thread.

Hi everyone.

I'm looking forward to this bootcamp.  I've been using PSP on and off for several years now but I just don't feel I use it to the best of its potential and that it can do a lot more than I realise.  I love doing memory books and the idea of now doing them as digital scrapbooks instead sounds great.  So here's one of the pictures I want to use

Hello Cassel, I purchased PSP 2020 Ultimate and have set it up as follows, Workspace-dark grey and the background - light grey. I have the Materials, Layers and Organizer palettes. Ileft the toolbars as they came in default.

I am planning (when I know how) to make a scrapbook on Anne's (my wife) work with wool. She has made hundreds of items for an organization called, "Angels for Warmth".