Migrating Content Previous Versions??

Margaret Newcomb

Hi everybody,

Questions Below:  I'm considering the purchase of the newest version of Paint Shop Pro 2020.  Support says you can migrate your content from previous versions for a seamless upgrade experience.

Can anyone tell me exactly what that means?  I have my own folder for my PSP ultimate 2019 supplies (as Cassel recommends) for both 32 bit and 64 bit.  When you migrate does those older files somehow get emptied out?

Should I migrate when downloading/installing?  or, should I just install my own  way and create my separate folders for all my supplies as with my current version?  I'm not understanding.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  Have a beautiful day!

What it means is the the newest version of PSP will add the "standard" folders created when you installed the last 3 versions of PSP into the File location for 2020. It means that if you saved some supplies (downloaded or created), in those standard folders, PSP2020 will retrieve them (it will just point to those folders). If you have supplies for OLDER versions than the last 3, it won't do it. If you have supplies in other locations (like I recommend), it won't retrieve them.

Either way, it is really not a long or difficult process to adjust the File Location for the different supplies especially if you have them collected together somewhere else.

Although it is a nice feature, it is far from a make or break for choosing to upgrade to 2020.

And remember that you can choose the UPGRADE price, if you have any previous version of PSP and the installation will NOT touch those previous versions.