Scrap Bootcamp - March 2019

Cassel

Everyone is so creative with their ideas! I love it!

Here is my Day 3: As you can imagine, our family is anxiously awaiting the arrival of my great grandson Tucker.  Mommy is pleased that the doctor is going on vacation so she can have him a little early.  She is READY!! This picture was from a couple of weeks ago and she is still teaching.

Hi I have been using PSP programs for awhile to edit photos. I only started using the scrapbook function last year. I am still learning but I really like it. I am a full time at home caregiver for my disabled husband. I come from a large family that always offers plenty of emotional support and there are a lot of kids parties to photograph. That is what I put in my scrapbook pages.  I look forward to seeing everyone's projects. Also look forward to improving my skills.

Day 3--I had planned to use some pictures I've taken of pelicans for the bootcamp assignments, but yesterday I photographed something else  that I thought was interesting and changed my topic.

The insect and flower elements are by janet scott at pixelscrapper.com; the grass overlay is by marisa lerin at the same site.  The paper is by RvMcSou, though I recolored the green.

Homework--Day 4.  I discovered the selection tool makes a number of different shapes--I had a lot of fun playing around with them.  The stars on my page were made with that tool.  And I just learned how to highlight text:  until now, it's been a kind of hit or miss thing.  Sometimes I could get it to highlight, sometimes not.  I heard Cassel say to double-click and highlight and, indeed, I can highlight the text, every time.  I must have been doing that sporadically before.  The plaid paper comes from Pixel Scrapper commons.

Day 4 Homework--I discovered that the selection tool makes several different shapes and I had fun playing with that.  The stars were made with that tool.  I outlined some stars with the vector tool and then deleted the actual star to get the stars on the bottom.  The plaid paper is from the Pixel Scrapper commons gallery.

I used the kit that Carole suggested and used something besides my great grand kids! (almost a first!)

It was fun bringing up this memory again.  For my "journal paper", I used one of the papers included in the kit, put a white layer behind it, lowered the transparency quite a bit and then used one of the Cassel distressed scripts.

Really enjoying seeing everyone's layouts!

To Cassel:  About that resizing to 1000 pixels again.  After I read your response, I thought, "Okay, I must have misinterpreted something."   However, as I was looking through the projects, I noticed that David mentioned resizing his picture to 1000 pixels, so I went back to the Day 3 instruction page to see if I could find where we had both gotten that idea.  First, I rewatched the video, but there was no mention of 1000 pixels there.  Then, I actually read what was written above the video and there it was--the info about the 1000 pixels.  So my question is about picture size--there really isn't a limit to pixel size as long as it's no more than 3600 x 3600, right?

@Barbara, you are correct. We use 600 often because it is kind of a convention in posting images in forums or galleries. However, it can sometimes be a bit small to see details. It is also acceptable to resize to 1000 pixels.

Hi everyone!  It has been a few years since I have digi scrapped. I always felt like I didn't know what I was doing.  After just doing the first 2 days of the bootcamp, I have learned quite a bit.  Looking forward to the rest of the lessons.

I have chosen medium gray for my workspace and background.  I use the tools, layers and materials options the most.

Here is my sandwich.  I chose to have more meat, pickles on the side.  I had fun doing this lesson.

Well I was rolling along viewing the lovely results and intending to respond individually to each and everyone when I realized that there are way too many to attempt that so let me just say here ...... WELL DONE EVERYONE, LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM AND CREATIVE CONTENT! <3