Am I dreaming, or is there a script that takes elements out of a folder and puts them in a template?

Suzy

Hi,  Carole,

I’m thinking I once saw a script in the store that would take all the elements out of a folder and put them in an open template. 

So what you would do is temporarily move the elements you want to use in their own folder, and run the script and it would open them all and put them inside a premade template on their own layers.  They you move them around and delete the gray template layers.
And Voila! You have a LO. 

Is this already a script? And if not, could you take a look at it and see if it’s a viable idea?

There is a script that will put all your photos into a series of templates.

https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10&products_id=496

Also, there is the Speed Scrap Scripts set. It does not pick the elements at random from a folder, but you select them while it does the measuring, clipping, and such:

https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10&products_id=356

Or maybe the Stack'n Cluster?

https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10&products_id=225

Ah, thank you! I had looked at every single script for the sale, and you know what it was I remembered? I’m pretty sure it was Bernadette Hunt’s review of the Stack n Cluster! Which I bet is why I couldn’t find it with a search.

Will the script allow me to start off with a template on the Stack n Cluster?  Because that option would be very useful to me.

9 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Will the script allow me to start off with a template on the Stack n Cluster?  Because that option would be very useful to me.

No, the Stack'n Cluster is meant to randomly layer papers and group elements. Let's see what the process would be if you used a template. What would you hope it would do? Can you spell it out step by step for me? From there, I can see if there is a possibility to transpose those into a script. If you prefer, we can chat through emails, but it is ok if you want to keep it in here where maybe others could chime in too.

Before running the script - the items to be used would fall into 3 categories which would go in their own folders, but just temporarily. Ovoid elements, long thin elements, and papers.  Plus the template.

My idea was to take certain papers I wanted to use and put them in a folder and have them be used for the base. (Scrap n Cluster does this)

There are tons of templates on my hard drive.  Most have elements which are unusable -- you know, plain vector flowers with no center for example. They are merely placeholders.  Scrap n Cluster (the way it works on my computer because as luck would have it, I own it already) opens every single element in a folder, then it closes it again. I'm not sure why, but it takes forever. I had HOPED it sort of "measured " them (even if it is only small, extra small, med, large and extra large)and  then those would be used for the template, but also it wasn't to be.

Ok, so I have a template and there are all kinds of clusters, and elements. Some are long, like a ribbon. Some are round or at least more ovoid shaped, even if they are something like an animal. I was hoping to select a bunch of elements that would encompass the flowers in terms of  basic (very basic) shape and put them in their own temporary folder. Then the ribbons which might include arrows and lines would go in another folder.  The final thing would be tags and pieces of paper, or mats.  These would be filled from the papers folder, but at 50% size.  And those would be/could be clipped, but also that transparency lock would be activated before clipping. And then unactivated. (You know like we are supposed to do and I always forget).  But even if they aren't clipped, having the paper at 5o% would be quite helpful, especially if it were on the layer right below (or above)?.

So basically Scrap N Cluster on steroids. Because the items would be sort of placed according to the template. But there would still be a lot of tweaking - and shadow placer, too -- because of course it doesn't happen that a little piece of paper would go over a compass or a wrist watch, for example.

Does anybody else have anything to add?

Oh, and P.S. Nothing has to be rotated.

Edited by Suzy