Masks Workshop 2022

Cassel

Day 1 -  After several frustrating tries trying to áctivate' the smaller masks following the steps  I finally realised I was working on the wrong layer  - amazing how it worked on the correct one!

There are beautiful and interesting creations being made with the masks.  It is a pleasure to scroll through.

Okay here we go...first day. I think I am getting the idea of these masks. At least as long as I follow the instructions. Is it possible to have the instructions in a printable format. I would like to add them to my "Tips and Tricks for Paintshop Pro" book that I bought from Carole.

Thanks Carole.

Hi, thank you Carole for the first lesson and for the resources. I made a muck up to start with as I didn't realise there was a video but later discovered it.   If I had started with that it would have been easier to understand. I got very stuck on the little squares and had to go back to the original template to start them again. Having the written tutorial however did help me work out for myself where I had gone wrong so all good.

Loved the varied designs and subjects that people have come up with which makes the study more interesting. Thanks all again.

Wow, this Mask Workshop is really a hit! Nice to see already so many entries. Great work, Everyone!

After more than a year or so of not working with layouts,  here is what I've created for  Lesson 1.   I rotate the photo/frame layer to fit the photo I had, and I merged the photo and stroke layers to create the mask.

Credits:

Photo from Pixabay --- Background Paper (freebie from Kristin Aagard -Bunny Trail 2021) ---  String/Flowers (freebie from Palvinka-SpringTime Addon) --- Alpha (freebie from Cassel - Licorice1 Tube)

Gregory, (#72159) you don't have to have a plaid. The tutorial shows how to create as many as you want, from any photo you have. As to saving the patterns, you would simply have to create the plaid, then save the file as jpg in the Patterns folder that should be here: C:\Users\User\Documents\Corel PaintShop Pro\2022\Patterns (depending on your version, the "2022" could be something else). Does that help?

Part of the issue with the pictures is the angle, one is concaveon purpose, it was a wall in the museum, the other was me:-) and I am not use to working with photos and or improving them, I really work with tubes, masks and templates:-)  So there is a lot I need to know about this kind of PSP work.....:-)

Hugging a Mushroom

If I told anyone how long this took me, and how many times I had to watch the steps and re-watch and then again, before I could even get any steps to work...you wouldn't believe me! I must be thick as two boards b/c that was a real challenge for me. But it's done, and I don't think I will ever convert a .psd template to a mask again in my life. Whew.

To all the newbies: weldone! I know how much time you have to spent to make this work, I was there last year when I did this workshop for the first time. Now it is so much easier and you will get there too.

My day 2 with again the Extra template. I made a couple of plaids before I had one I liked, but I lowered the opacity of the plaid in order not to overpower my photos. The font is Almond script, a recent freebie by Creative Fabrica with lovely glyphs.