Masks Workshop 2022

Cassel

I've signed up but not sure how much I'll be able to do. I'm having computer issues right now and haven't been able to use PSP2021 for 2 weeks. I think I need more RAM to be able to have everything open that I want when I scrap. And, in the last few days my computer has been shutting down on me on its own. Today it was in the middle of watching the replay about this workshop! Just waiting on my friend that does IT to get back to me... when it is free you work on their schedule!

Welcome to our regulars, Pirkko, Cristina, Corrie, Bonnie, Euka, Mary, Susan, Ann, Fiona, Sandra, Trish, Anne, Marie-Claire, Laurie, Rene, Jacques, Lois, Liz.

Welcome to our newcomers, Cindy, Dee, Sherie, Valstar, Ellen, Louyse, Deborah, Jackie. Glad to see you posted.

We have over 200 registrants for this workshop, I would love to see a lot of posters.

This is where you will be able to post your projects as you make them. Remember to resize them to 600 pixels.

At any point, if you have issues with a tutorial, a tool, a setting, don't hesitate to post. I read all the posts and if I am not around to help out, some of our regular members might be online before me. We have people from all around the world, in just about every timezones.

Every email is scheduled to be sent around the same time every day, but there might be delays. If, at any point, you don't receive one email, check your spam folder. If it is still not there, just let me know.

Looking forward to all your projects.

Hi Cassel, I tripped across your message on Facebook yesterday and signed up for this workshop.  I am looking forward to seeing what I can do and what others do.  I'm not into scrapbooks per se, but I've been using Paint Shop Pro for many years now.  I started with Jasc's PSP7 and moved on with Corel's PSP.  I haven't done masking since I started with PSP7 so I'm looking forward to a refresher workshop on this.

Rene;  Try re-installing PSP to see if that works. I found I had to do that for mine when it stopped opening up.

I'm here.  I am a scrap booker and love using mask. I read Carole's introduction and saw some interesting new techniques I would like to try with the backgrounds.

( I have a busy week, but looking forward to doing this too)

Lyn Lou

PSP isn't the problem. The last 4 times the computer shut down on its own I didn't even have the program open. I'm now thinking that my power supply is going bad. IT guy is stopping by later today. I've actually been having problems with it since October and when I look back, this computer has had issues from Day 1. Now to figure out if it should be fixed or just get a new one.

It  appears that I forgot to  mention that I was taking part in this challenge.  I'm not new to masks or to  this challenge.  I  participated in the fist one which was in early 2017.

Hank, be patient,  you will learn how to create your own masks a few days into the challenge.

Although I  do use ready made masks, PSP and Photoshop, I find that I have to edit them myself, as I like the subject being  showcased to be  at least  90% fully visible.  I do like to create my own  masks.  Created a date stamp, Carole's border punch brush for the  paper with the word art, which I also created.   Pin, is one I made many years ago.  You'll find a tutorial in the creative scarp section, along with the date stamp, which I modified for this page. Blinds texture for the background paper, and  old paper texture for the   punched paper. For those that are new and are not familiar with my work.  I like simple, minimalistic pages using only my own photos, and  elements.   Male and female House Finches.  Females are very plain in comparison to the males, even during breeding season.

Lesson 1

Hi, I followed the written instructions before realising where the video was so made life difficult for myself but got there in the end.

In the process though I noticed at step 8, 'Deselect' on its own seems to work without having to previously 'De-Float'.  Am I right or is that version dependent? I am using PSP2021.

I have been quite literal to the template but like Sue's idea of changing the main template mask to be larger to gain more emphasis, Given more courage, I may have a go at that.