Plugins on PSP 2021 do not work. Can anyone help? Please?

Myriam Cedro

It is really unfortunate that older plugins no longer work with newer software. If they were never updated, I suspect that further versions of PSP won't do any better. Too bad.

If one has the opportunity to get or keep an older version of PSP, it is a good idea to keep it just for those plugins, while the newer versions of PSP will add new functionalities. It is annoying, for sure.

So sorry to hear that Myriam. I love working with plugins. Do you have an older version of PSP still installed? It's a pain for sure but worth the fiddling if you have a particular plugin you want to use on your project. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya! Hugs......Annie T

I use Muras Meister on PSP 2020 - On PSP 2021 I still can't get it to work ... I'm looking for help and I'll be very happy if I find it and yes, I'll let you know here - saying how and if it can be done. Plugins are very stressful at times, but they are indispensable! I hope I'm lucky! Cheer for me! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am having issues as well with filters. I have Windows 10 and just bought PSP 2021 and when I try using most of my filters in 32 bit version it either closes my program or I get a run time error but mostly the error is on the patched filters so not sure why that is. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I am having issues as well with filters. I have Windows 10 and just bought PSP 2021 and when I try using most of my filters in 32 bit version it either closes my program or I get a run time error but mostly the error is on the patched filters so not sure why that is. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A lot of those plugins were never updated for newer programs. The plugins' authors have often abandoned them. They didn't update them for Windows 10, or for 64-bits, or other OS upgrades.

Yeah it's sad to see all the older filters become obsolete but I had seen where some people got the MM filters to work in PSP 2021 but for me I can't even when patched so was hoping there was a reason why some can and some can't.

Thanks for the reply.

• 4 months later...

Pirkko, can you tell me which plugins are not working for you?

In many cases, plugins are old and work only on the 32-bits version of PSP. In other cases, plugins are just not compatible with newer "codes" used by more recent programs.

• 4 months later...

Hey!

I'm new here and thank you for joining!

My home country is Sweden in Europe and I have to google translate very much. so it takes some time.

I just bought the PSP 2021 and am also a little disappointed that not all plugins work.

I have still managed to get a lot of people into FILTER UNLIMITED

and I'm happy for it.

I have found a long list online about which plugins you can export there. unfortunately I have lost the link address but you are welcome to ask me about plugins that I managed to get there. If many people are wondering, maybe I can make a print screen on my FU

What I miss the most and have not succeeded with is MURA´S MEISTER CLOUD & PERSPECTIVE TILING which I use a lot. Have tried in every way in different directories but it is impossible.

Same with AP-Silverline. MEHDI. An error occurs or the program simply shuts down.

Has anyone been successful with these plugins?

Luckily, I still have my old PSP 12 in another computer that I can work with in the meantime, but it is so frustrating that it should not go as planned in Psp 2021

As I said, get in touch if you want help with what works in FU with me

Regards Ulla Mary

Yes, some filters are older and won't work with newer versions of PSP simply because those filters were never updated for newer codes. It is not PSP's fault. It will be the same when you use PSP2022 and probably any future versions.

Some filters will still work if you are using the 32-bits version of PSP. Did you try that?

I don't use filters much myself so I don't have much as far as information on all those. Maybe have a look at this post. It might have some suggestions you can try?