New Diamond Membership

Raymond Easley

Since I have retired I have more time to learn the particulars concerning PSP. While scrapbooking isn't my main interest, I have found Carole to be an excellent teacher and is so knowledgeable about PSP I couldn't go wrong. I like to restore old photos especially, would like to learn how to mask, etc without having to resort to Topaz Labs which I use daily. I think it is an incredible program too. I have taken some photography classes and enjoy the manual settings. I have become a bluebird enthusiast and had 12 to fledge this year. I enjoy catching them in flight as they land or leave the house. I use PSP to obtain the clearest settings, etc. I don't know if I have been missing Scrapbooking and who knows, it may be my next interest? I will say, however, if someone asks me, "are you happy you retired"? the answer is yes because I have the time to do things like this.

Raymond

Atlanta, Georgia

Hi and welcome Raymond. I do remember seeing your name in some classes so you are already familiar with who I am.

You will discover a whole circle of other PSP enthusiasts here who are not necessarily doing scrapbooking as their main use for PSP, but for some, they did discover that new hobby. We have other members who are also genealogy enthusiasts so you are in good company here.

Don't hesitate if you ever have any questions, to ask, either in the forum or by email.

Raymond - wow - wonderful job in restoration.

Shirley -I have been absent from the campus because I have been caught up in dealing with 40 years of photos - don't know if I could deal with 60!  Ha Ha!

Need to get back and my next project is laid out for me "Buttons and Bows" with a photo of my great granddaughter who has a birthday on 10-4.

Really miss being with you guys!!!

This is a photo copied from ancestry.com. I used Topaz Labs Gigapixel to enlarge before converting to a Tiff file. I brought it into PSP and used Color-Fade, sharpen, AI Denoise.....I did use the Topaz Labs Denoise AI and Sharpen AI but I think the best sharpening was done by PSP. In the very bottom left you can make out the date, Dec., 26, 1896. It certainly must have been a huge family event to state a photographer, a day after Christmas.