Scrapbook Bootcamp - May 2023

Cassel

These are pictures of my mom with babies from three generations. She loves babies, and they all have returned the love as they got older.

Now she is with me in home hospice. She can still muster a smile when I mention the name of the great-grandkids.

The title font is FAMILY from Creative Fabrica. I added an inner bevel to help better define the silhouette. The script is Ernestone, also from Creative Fabrica. The papers and elements are from a kit, Inner Beauty, by Annie C. Digitals.

P.S. The black and white picture is me. I wear my hair differently these days.

GNL-BootcampMay-04A-600.jpg

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

On 5/24/2023 at 4:19 AM, Susan Ewart said:

This was shot on November 20, 2011 and these geese (over 800) had only 2/3rds of the pond as the rest was frozen, and they had to share it with about 6 other species that flew in.  It takes about 10 minutes for the geese  (coming from the farm fields nearby) to all get landed.  the sky is black with Canada geese, it's really quite a site and fun to watch them come in for the landing.  This is a very different kind of layout for me.

I love your layout and your photos are delightful. Barnacle geese arrive in their thousands every year on the Solway Firth and we drive out to see them in the winter. I've taken many photos over the years but with little success - I get side tracked with watching them and miss the shot. One day...

Project 4. 
The papers are mine, the main image is the book cover, the other two are public domain images. The main font is Calligraph421 BT. The two bits of clipart were free vector graphics but I had so many web pages open that I now I can't remember which site they came from - sorry.

Project 4 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Sharla said:

I love your layout and your photos are delightful. Barnacle geese arrive in their thousands every year on the Solway Firth and we drive out to see them in the winter. I've taken many photos over the years but with little success - I get side tracked with watching them and miss the shot. One day...

Thank you Sharla.  How lucky you are.  I cant imagine what that must be like to see that many geese at once.  I have many many bad photos and a few good ones.  My timing is usually pretty bad.  Thank goodness for digital, I can shoot a lot on continuous and hope I get something.  I'm much better taking pictures of things that dont move.  

• Love 1

Day 7

Because of the round shape of the "shed" I used a mat with circles on it. And instead of squares to cut out, also circles this time to fit the round shapes of the "shed".

The font is unround (The yellow ones) I didn't look nice to have them in different colours, will maybe do that in another project. Vormen (Shapes In English) is the VAGrounded font (Like it!)

The shed looks a bit like a Teletubbie house ?

I should of added a reverse shadow to the left of the big mat, I thought the map was completly (sp?) to the left of the project ?

It's nice to repeat things from earlier bootcamps, I forgot for example to use the magic wand to create borders around  the photo's, I always add a mat:).

I saw beautiful projects in the gallery, I'm now taking the time to look at all of them in this thread in the forum and add my "likes".

Dag 7-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 5/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I call this "Dinner and a Movie".  I watched a movie (tutorial) and made dinner (or in this case breakfast) at the same time.  Yummy!  I made duplicates of the onions to help as pep to my oncoming workout and instead of big pickles which I ate the last of last night, I chose those little ones (by resizing smaller).  I think they are called gherkins?  they are so yummy.  I like them on the side.  You might see my top slice is smaller.  You know how it is when you get the end of the bread and you have a nice full size piece and the only other choices are the end piece or a smaller size one next to the end piece.  I wouldnt normally have a knife and fork with my sandwhich, but today I will live on the wild side and try to use them to eat my sandwhich. 

All kidding aside, this is always a fun exercise.  I totally forgot about dragging from the layers pallet one layout to another.  it only took me 8 times through the bootcamp to remember, well, er...that is IF i actually remember this time.    ?  

I forget a lot too, espcially when you don't use it a lot at paintshopping. But I have Carole's tips and tricks book nearby and try to find what I want there. ?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 4:55 PM, Ann Seeber said:

LESSON 3 - My House Finches Love Grape Jelly ... who knew? I thought it was for the Baltimore Orioles who are not here yet. Meanwhile the finches are loving it!

HOUSE FINCHES_600.jpg

I'm usually not a real fan f plaids, but this one is so right for this project! I love it! ?

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2023 at 7:23 PM, Ann Seeber said:
Scrap Bootcamp: Lesson 5 - Yuba River Getaway - Daughter Deb took this panoramic photo as she enjoyed a getaway when she joined the California pipevine swallowtail butterflies who were sunning themselves on the rocks along the Yuba River outside Nevada City.
The title font is Berlin Kitchen, the journaling font is Goudy Old Style. Background color fill with asphalt texture, photo mat wood tile01 pattern with hardwood texture. Butterflies are from internet searches for pipevine swallowtails.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the stripe pattern; used the directions for making a plaid but stopped before adding a second, rotated layer. The colors are from the portion of the photo that shows on the far left.

YUBA RIVER GETAWAY_600.jpg

It looks like your looking out of a window in a cabin. Love it!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Have you tried putting the flower under the photo but on top of the green paper? That would hide the stem of the flower.

Although my thought on your first layout was to not have as much shadow on the flower and make it look more like a sticker.

The flower is now on top, just like it has been thrown there. ?

27 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

I forget a lot too, espcially when you don't use it a lot at paintshopping. But I have Carole's tips and tricks book nearby and try to find what I want there. ?

yes, I refer to the book too.  so much to remember, and thankfully we dont have to if we have the book nearby.

• Like 1

@Susan Ewart That is a LOT of birds! That must be quite noisy too as they are usually pretty loud birds.

@Randy Glad you reposted the image! Did you take those pictures? Maybe you were taking pictures of the same geese as Susan!

@Ann Seeber My eyes might be playing a trick on me but is there a shadow (or a bevel) on the left side of the word "Wings"?

@MoniqueN. My brain is happy now! LOL Simple layouts have great advantages: they are faster to complete and can be just as effective in showing off the photos! As for the snap, yes, it should work vertically and horizontally. I am glad to see that you used a different shape for the "pinked" edges. As you can see, any shape can be used. That is actually the basis of my edge punches in the store: just different shapes.

@Gerry Landreth That is such a cool font!! Looking at your layout, it reminds me of the one I used for the Scraplift challenge, where I have pictures of my grandmother, holding 3 generations in her arms. I was just lucky to have the older pic.

@Sharla It is nice to see that although you have the same theme and topic for every page, each of them end up looking different. It would not be boring to browse through your list of books because of that!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

Was day 10 the last of this series? In 2020 we had one  lesson to go? (Looked in my Cassel folders and there was one more project in 2020 ?  )

The last one was sent this morning.

The font is Veni and arial. Kit comes from Marisa Lerin 1000 papers kit. The tea elements were in my stash.(Pixelscrapper, Marisal- England))

The font wasn't suitable to replace one character of, as was showed in the video. I couldn't figure out to use or notuse a shadow on the teapot,cake as it looks like a stamp ?‍♂️

Photo was taken at the showgardens in Appeltern last sunday. ?

It was nice to participate again, some things I forgot, so was a good reminder. ?

Dag 8-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
  • Love 5

Carole - I didn't make the connection with the Scraplift Challenge. It's amazing to see the continuity between generations.

Mother finally adjusted to the cats, and they rewarded her acquiescence with abounding love. 

The fonts for this project are Cute Cat and Stay at Home, both from Creative Fabrica. 

GNL-BootcampMay-05-600.jpg

• Love 6

1 hour ago, Gerry Landreth said:

Carole - I didn't make the connection with the Scraplift Challenge. It's amazing to see the continuity between generations.

Mother finally adjusted to the cats, and they rewarded her acquiescence with abounding love. 

The fonts for this project are Cute Cat and Stay at Home, both from Creative Fabrica. 

Love this, the laughing cats are the best!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gerry Landreth said:

So true, Gerry. I'm not sure of your title. I did find this meme, but the spelling is different...

db7.jpg

• Haha 1