Scrapbook Bootcamp - May 2023

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp3-800-Title-400x300.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this Bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at a time, one concept at a time and you will create one project at a time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on May 15th, 2023, you can post your projects in here.

Remember to resize your images to about 600 pixels AND saving in jpg format, before uploading them to the gallery (check this tutorial to upload to the gallery) so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough so that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready!

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announce it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this Bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second (or third) round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole Bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

The 7 tutorials will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. This should make it easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a photo I think I will use.  I am going to limit myself to ONE photo date (November 20, 2011) on a visit to the pond at Sardis Park near where I lived in Chilliwack, BC.  A very small pond that takes only 10 minutes to walk all the way around.  It is on a flight path of waterfowl; mostly Canada Geese.  It was only a 10 minute walk from my house and part of my "rehab" after spinal fusion surgery in May of that year.  As soon as I could carry my camera and walk for 10 minutes that's where I went.  Looking forward to the bootcamp and looking at all the photo's and layouts from all the registrants.  

IMG_4879-edit adj-600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 5

I've illustrated my setup with a little infographic. You'll find there's a Master Class for that, too, though mine here is not the same style. I just clipped a copy of my workspace using MS Office One Note. 

Cassel - I couldn't use the link to this Forum in today's email. It went back to January, 2023.

LESSON 1 - PSP SETUP_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Very very odd. It is the correct link on my copy of the email and even if I go in the email builder directly, it is the correct link too.

Well, since I was late signing up, perhaps mine went out separately, whereas the rest were in a group? I don't know the mechanics involved with member's emails. Whatever, I hope the other people on this course are finding this page ok. 

• Like 1

Cassel has fixed that link its all working good now,  I got sent to Jan to wished I knew for real then what I do now.    Ild take my little 475.00 out of the bank so  First Arkansas Bank and Trust where Ive been 40 yrs woudlnlt take my SS  and leave me pennyless and close my account.    Looking forward to this Bootcamp.   whats  No faith now in the bank my bank they realy did me in.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Welcome to the Bootcamp, @Ann Seeber, @Susan Ewart, @Anne Lamp, @cindy harris.

@Susan Ewart That is a great shot. Do you use a zoom lens?

@Ann Seeber Those wisteria are fantastic. If you tweak the photo a little, you can brighten those colors even more!

Who else is planning to participate in this Bootcamp? Just come and say hi!

I probably did.  That park is very small and well over 800 canada geese come to it every morning and fly off every evening. I used to try and go watch both times as I was rehabing my back surgery and had the time.  There is all kinds of waterfowl and ducks too.  You can walk amongst the geese, they dont even get up as you walk 6 inches from them (when they are out of the pond).  It's a well used park by people.  the ducks will actually run after (not chase) the little kids because they think they will get fed.  You can get very close to the birds when they are on land.  

• Like 2

Here is my set up.   Workspace is dark gray and Background space is medium grey. I use the UNtabbed window.  I closed the organizer and the help centre and I also have PSP open to the Edit screen upon start up.  For the life of me, even with the blog post on how to do a screenshot. I can not do it.  I set it up and then what.  I click on start. It minimized but there is no screen shot at all.  Well, actually it screen shot my windows desktop, dont know how it did that.  I set it up to save in a file, which it did... but it was of my desktop and not PSP.  So I used the windows snipping tool.  It's fast and easy.  though I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.  

My set up.JPG

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 1

I call this "Dinner and a Movie".  I watched a movie (tutorial) and made dinner (or in this case breakfast) at the same time.  Yummy!  I made duplicates of the onions to help as pep to my oncoming workout and instead of big pickles which I ate the last of last night, I chose those little ones (by resizing smaller).  I think they are called gherkins?  they are so yummy.  I like them on the side.  You might see my top slice is smaller.  You know how it is when you get the end of the bread and you have a nice full size piece and the only other choices are the end piece or a smaller size one next to the end piece.  I wouldnt normally have a knife and fork with my sandwhich, but today I will live on the wild side and try to use them to eat my sandwhich. 

All kidding aside, this is always a fun exercise.  I totally forgot about dragging from the layers pallet one layout to another.  it only took me 8 times through the bootcamp to remember, well, er...that is IF i actually remember this time.    ?  

BC May 2023 Sandwhich and Table-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

I have taken the bootcamp before but a refresher is nice.  As far as colour, I prefer the light gray. For background, I use black.

palettes/toolbars

Palettes

I keep (but auto hide) Instant Effects - I have set up a number that I use off and on ... actually, I have had this up always but decided that Auto Hide is okay for now and if I need to, I can always keep up all the time.

Toolbars

I keep Effects Toolbar _ I like what Foil and a couple of others can do

I keep Scrip Toolbar - I have saved a number of scripts and now taking the Script course

I have not decided which photos I will be using yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randy said:

I have taken the bootcamp before but a refresher is nice.  As far as colour, I prefer the light gray. For background, I use black.

palettes/toolbars

Palettes

I keep (but auto hide) Instant Effects - I have set up a number that I use off and on ... actually, I have had this up always but decided that Auto Hide is okay for now and if I need to, I can always keep up all the time.

Toolbars

I keep Effects Toolbar _ I like what Foil and a couple of others can do

I keep Scrip Toolbar - I have saved a number of scripts and now taking the Script course

I have not decided which photos I will be using yet.

It's funny you mention Instant Effects.  I'm on my 8th time and keep forgetting it's there.  Since you mentioned it I just added it and chose Hide as well.  I am considering the scripting course too.  I'm hoping it's not too hard to understand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

One of the reasons I keep taking this class is I love to play with the tablescape. This time I added a piece from the Double Page workshop last month as I like to read with my lunch! 

LESSON 2-TABLE AND SANDWICH_600.jpg

Awesome Ann!  Your tablescapes are always a delight to see.  This is very realistic.  I love seeing the possibilities.  You have the bread baked (the technique) to perfection.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Hi everyone. Thought I'd give bootcamp anther go - it is strange how you still always learn something. Here's my table.

table600.jpg

What a pretty table cloth.  Love how it's faded or textured slightly.  really pretty.  You nailed the coffee color!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

One of the reasons I keep taking this class is I love to play with the tablescape. This time I added a piece from the Double Page workshop last month as I like to read with my lunch! 

LESSON 2-TABLE AND SANDWICH_600.jpg

I wished I could sit by you and watch you OMG  oh my goodness thats the best one Ive ever seen  or My Favorite of all so far.        Love your entry

• Love 1