What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

Hi @ all and thumbs up :classic_smile: for all your creative layouts!!!!

I come around here because I have especially today Annie Tobin - missed and well loved - in my thoughts!
May 16th of the last year Carole announced with gread sadness that "Annie passed away probably in May" 

Cristina shared her last words in January for many of us who wished speedy recovery after her eye surgery "...you are amazing troopers and I accept your well wishes in good grace.  It sure has been a trial and all I can do is wait … obviously I need to have lessons in patience which has never been one of my virtues, lol!"

I had so many ideas to create a layout and finally I add this one even if it is not my best result.

Annie used to say "Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D".....

annie tobin5.jpg

Edited by libera
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

Thank you so much, Rene! I also have this Globe Cutout. ?  --- Besides that, I have the Adventure Waits Cutout and Life is an Adventure kit. -- I got to know her years ago because of the Monthly Template freebies. --- There are many designers at Lilypad that I like very much.

Those two layouts are beautiful, and I like both titles very much! ---  You gave me a great idea to use the cutouts as titles... Never thought of doing this, but will do it whenever possible.

That's why I say we learn a lot here.

I have freebie templates from her that I got all the way back in 2008. At that time she numbered them! When she found out I had some of them around 2013, she asked me to be on her CT for 3 months and I shared the old ones with her since she had gotten rid of them. She has since updated some of them. So I've been a fan of hers for 15 years. Her style in the beginning was much like the Creative Memories style which I had done when paper scrapping and it made sense since she had also done CM scrapping. I still use her templates for 95% of my scrapping and these days I am challenging myself to use at least one template from each set I have of hers. Lots of thinking outside the box!

I have been collecting more of the cutouts as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, libera said:

I come around here because I have especially today Annie Tobin - missed and well loved - in my thoughts!
May 16th of the last year Carole announced with gread sadness that "Annie passed away probably in May" 

Cristina shared her last words in January for many of us who wished speedy recovery after her eye surgery "...you are amazing troopers and I accept your well wishes in good grace.  It sure has been a trial and all I can do is wait … obviously I need to have lessons in patience which has never been one of my virtues, lol!"

I had so many ideas to create a layout and finally I add this one even if it is not my best result.

annie tobin5.jpg

Most of us remember Annie with great fondness.  She was one special lady.  Thanks for another remembrance of her.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, libera said:

Libera, what a lovely way to remember our dearest friend, Annie Tobin. ❤️

I was really shocked by the sad news because although she was having issues after the eye operation, nothing suggested it was anything major.   She had a big heart!

Edited by Cristina
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I have freebie templates from her that I got all the way back in 2008. At that time she numbered them! When she found out I had some of them around 2013, she asked me to be on her CT for 3 months and I shared the old ones with her since she had gotten rid of them. She has since updated some of them. So I've been a fan of hers for 15 years. Her style in the beginning was much like the Creative Memories style which I had done when paper scrapping and it made sense since she had also done CM scrapping. I still use her templates for 95% of my scrapping and these days I am challenging myself to use at least one template from each set I have of hers. Lots of thinking outside the box!

I have been collecting more of the cutouts as well.

She must have been delighted knowing you had the older templates!

I only got to know her after I joined the Scrapbook Campus, as before, I had no idea what scrapbooking was... And this what not immediately; I was probably looking for some freebies.

I also have some recipe templates from her, and I used some when Carole had a Theme Challenge called Recipe... I had those templates already.

The Lilypad site has a 50% discount on selected designs every Wednesday and, if I am not mistaken, a 20% discount every Friday... I am not a big buyer, but I take advantage when I see something I could use at a good price.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 1

Yes, Cristina, I was totally shocked and I'm really still sad, also because we do not know what happened to her....
Yes, Mary, we remember her with "great fondness", that's absolutely true :classic_smile: and she would be very happy about it if she knew.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cristina said:

The Lilypad site has a 50% discount on selected designs every Wednesday and, if I am not mistaken, a 20% discount every Friday... I am not a big buyer, but I take advantage when I see something I could use at a good price.

They usually have storewide 50% sales during National Scrapbooking Weekend in May, and sometimes again in October or November. They have also started doing a "Love Our Designers" event from mid February to mid March where one designer is highlighted each day. Quite a few of them will offer a discount during their day as well ranging from 20 to 30% off. Quite often if I see something I might want and it is an older product, I will put it on my wish list. Then when a sale comes I'll buy it if I determine that I really can use it.

• Like 2

Last layout for the Chattanooga trip.  You all may remember the hexagon template we got probably last year or the year before.  This is my first time using it (and I forgot I had the pspimage and made one from the png LOL).  But I must say that it was good practice!

Last-Chattanooga History_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Well, I finished the Chattanooga trip and have ordered it to be printed by Shutterfly.  I have enjoyed looking at the neat layouts in the Bootcamp.

So I can't seem to get back to created anymore layouts.  I played today with Creative Fabrica's CFSpark and with Abstract Curves.  Made some patterns in Abstract Curves, and played with AI in CFSpark by asking for the roadrunner and cactus plants.  These are my results.

3 Abstract Curves Patterns.jpg

CFSpark Creations.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Here is yesterday's daily look for my gaming group. The fashion illustration is by Megan Hess, a wonderful artist. I used some elements from AnnieC's contribution to the SYHO (Scrappin' Your ❤️ Out) Lavender Fields Blog Train. One of her flowers worked great as a picture tube ~ created a vector and used the vector tube script to make the frame. The font is Palegina free from Creative Fabrica's 12 Days of Christmas-Beauty-Handwritten-Font-Bundle last year; the bundle is still available as the Beauty Handwritten Font Bundle of 43 fonts for $7. I added a white drop shadow using offsets of -10 and another dark one using offsets of 10. 

large.FABDLGlamorousGown!600.jpg.b6ea3ebe2c3bd87cd1703dd61d28c4a2.jpg

• Love 11

4 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I played today with Creative Fabrica's CFSpark and with Abstract Curves.  Made some patterns in Abstract Curves, and played with AI in CFSpark by asking for the roadrunner and cactus plants.

CF's Spark is a lot of fun!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michele said:

Here is yesterday's daily look for my gaming group. The fashion illustration is by Megan Hess, a wonderful artist. I used some elements from AnnieC's contribution to the SYHO (Scrappin' Your ❤️ Out) Lavender Fields Blog Train. One of her flowers worked great as a picture tube ~ created a vector and used the vector tube script to make the frame. The font is Palegina free from Creative Fabrica's 12 Days of Christmas-Beauty-Handwritten-Font-Bundle last year; the bundle is still available as the Beauty Handwritten Font Bundle of 43 fonts for $7. I added a white drop shadow using offsets of -10 and another dark one using offsets of 10. 

large.FABDLGlamorousGown!600.jpg.b6ea3ebe2c3bd87cd1703dd61d28c4a2.jpg

This is beautiful and thank you for all your explanations.  The white -10 offset on the drop shadow is brilliant.  It pops out the title more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I always love what you do with the Fabulous Divas, Michele.

I'm still playing.  Made an image of my Chattanooga Pallet - putting the colors in squares.  Then I made a copy of the jpg and played with Kaleidoscope and at the last, played with a copy of it and twirled it, kaleidoscoped it and twirled it again and then kaleidoscoped it again.  These are the results.  I can't seem to get to making layouts and I need to finish my 2022 Alphabet challenge - S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.  Still a lot to do before I can make a photo album of it.  And, then, there is the rest of the double page workshop that I didn't finish.  My, my - my To-Do List is overflowing! LOL.

MLS ChattanoogaPallet.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-1.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-2.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-3.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I'm still playing.  Made an image of my Chattanooga Pallet - putting the colors in squares.  Then I made a copy of the jpg and played with Kaleidoscope and at the last, played with a copy of it and twirled it, kaleidoscoped it and twirled it again and then kaleidoscoped it again.  These are the results.  I can't seem to get to making layouts and I need to finish my 2022 Alphabet challenge - S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.  Still a lot to do before I can make a photo album of it.  And, then, there is the rest of the double page workshop that I didn't finish.  My, my - my To-Do List is overflowing! LOL.

MLS ChattanoogaPallet.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-1.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-2.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-3.jpg

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-4.jpg

Great idea.  what cool shapes you could make into brushes or tubes as well.  Or a mask in the middle.  So much possibilities.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

The last one which was so much fun was skipped.  Let me try again to upload it (I reduced the size to 500

MLS ChattanoogaPallet-K-5_500.jpg

Love this.  Just because you arent into layout making right now doesnt mean your arent doing something meaningful.  Play is one of the delights that sparks creativity.  Keep on doing what you are doing and the layouts will come when they are ready.  I too feel like I'm behind in stuff I'm doing and taking a note from your playbook today I think I will do some photography and see where it takes me. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Thanks so much, Mary

I've never thought of making a palette of my pic and then playing with the effects to make a paper. What a great idea! Thanks. And I agree with Susan. Just because you're not working on a layout doesn't mean you aren't creating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the April Q&A I had asked Carole how to make a Stencil effect. My idea was to make different papers with it. But at my first try, I wasn't sure for which project I could use such papers. My eternal problem is what shall I make as a project. So I just did something, and tried things out for several days until I finally came to something.
I didn't use the stencil technique here to make a paper but saved it as a png.
The alphas are a freebie from Carole, as are the screws.
Of the photo, of course that is Poncho, I first made a B/W version, duplicated it twice, on the first layer the blend mode: overlay, on the second layer: screen and on the third layer I applied: soft light.
Font is from DaFont and is : PaintyPaint 1
and a watercolor bruch for the stripe.

large.mclp_Poncho_stencil_21_05_600.jpg.60b9745da3810865dd2d2e83403991d8.jpg

• Love 9

17 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

In the April Q&A I had asked Carole how to make a Stencil effect. My idea was to make different papers with it. But at my first try, I wasn't sure for which project I could use such papers. My eternal problem is what shall I make as a project. So I just did something, and tried things out for several days until I finally came to something.
Of the photo, of course that is Poncho, I first made a B/W version, duplicated it twice, on the first layer the blend mode: overlay, on the second layer: screen and on the third layer I applied: soft light.

Stunning!  I love everthing about this.  It looks like a photo from the 1800's.  Really incredible, complex work.  Thank you for the instructions.  Very interesting to have different blend modes on the different layers.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Stunning!  I love everthing about this.  It looks like a photo from the 1800's.  Really incredible, complex work.  Thank you for the instructions.  Very interesting to have different blend modes on the different layers.  

Thank you Susan, and now that you mention it, I hadn't looked at it that way ?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 8:41 AM, Michele said:

Here is yesterday's daily look for my gaming group. The fashion illustration is by Megan Hess, a wonderful artist. I used some elements from AnnieC's contribution to the SYHO (Scrappin' Your ❤️ Out) Lavender Fields Blog Train. One of her flowers worked great as a picture tube ~ ...

This is so beautiful, Michele! Everything fits so well together, and I love the color, the illustration, everything.

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Marie-Claire said:

I didn't use the stencil technique here to make a paper but saved it as a png...

Amazing layout, Marie-Claire!    It paid back all the work you had!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Marie-Claire said:

A truly outstanding page. textures, overlays and the blend modes, is all a matter  of trail and error, to achieve the desired effect, but well worth taking the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

A truly outstanding page. textures, overlays and the blend modes, is all a matter  of trail and error, to achieve the desired effect, but well worth taking the time. 

now that i look back at it...i might have to put a shadow on the screws in the four corners ?

• Like 1