What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

Finally finishing up the April Double-Page Challenge #6. Here is Shadow, one of the star black leopards at The Wildcat Sanctuary in Sandstone, MN. She's quite a gal! I used the Vector Tube script on the title and the font is Ravie. The journaling font is Kleymissky. The background is my own Shiny Paper and the stars are from my Rustic Kit. The paperclip is from Marisa Lerin and I used the Open Book script with a gradient cover.

SHADOW-BLACK LEOPARD-OPEN BOOK_1200.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Just seen Susan's pinwheels which are fun and has reminded me that 'A Beautiful Mess' is one of my favourite Masterclasses. Must go over it again. The Serenity sympathy card is a lovely peaceful design. Too often these days, the cards you buy can be too glitzy as sympathy cards, I feel. Also love Mary's neat layouts. You are all encouraging me to do more and we seem to be keeping Carole busy with technical issues too. Thank you; all of you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Just seen Susan's pinwheels which are fun and has reminded me that 'A Beautiful Mess' is one of my favourite Masterclasses. Must go over it again. The Serenity sympathy card is a lovely peaceful design. Too often these days, the cards you buy can be too glitzy as sympathy cards, I feel. Also love Mary's neat layouts. You are all encouraging me to do more and we seem to be keeping Carole busy with technical issues too. Thank you; all of you.

A agree about "A Beautiful Mess" masterclss.  As I was cataloguing photo's I came across a few that I could use in the one of the techniques in that class.  I will be going back to it with those photo's.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I havent made a tag yet.  An unexpected passing away of my sister-in-law's mother on Sunday had me working on my condolence layout instead.  Whew, that goodness I was able to go back to the Build A Kit workshop to the frame section and follow the instructions again.  I used Lab 13-1 again for the shape, hearts looked weird inside hearts so i used circles.  Frame is using Add borders from the master class Framing 101.  My photo, and fonts are Romantic Serif (title), Sea Gardens (words in the template) and Audaciti (journaling).  The title does have a bevel to help it stand out a bit, also has a very small shadow.  reduced opacity on the title and journaling because black was too contrasty. I used the selection tool to fit my words in on the left side.  the right side I just used a right aligment as it looked better that way.  

Nothing bad to report with PSP 2023.  today it outshined me and any issue's I had was my dull brain at work and not paying attention.

Maureen & Family-600 .jpg

I think this is so perfect. What a wonderful tribute you made. Well done, Susan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Here's what I've been working on --

Image31.jpg

This is fabulous.  What a great sign this would make framed and hanging in the house.  I wonder what kind of advice my cats would give me.  Given their superior and judging stare, maybe I dont want to know.  

• Haha 2

Here ya go, Susan, you can make your own!  But you should probably wait until Friday. 

Do any of these sound like your cats?

Advice from a Cat

always land on your feet
disdain the unworthy
meow softly
enjoy a good nap in the sun
be playful
stretch often
pounce on possibilities
be frisky
enjoy the hunt

leave presents for your loved ones
learn to chill
be independent
no one is purr-fect

These came from a website - myadviceforlife

• Haha 3
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Cassel said:

And how long did that take you? ?

Oh, these are easy for me to make -- maybe 5 minutes?  The biggest time sucker is choosing the fonts - so many, so little time! and the colors.

I could crank them out all day long a a matter of fact.

• Like 3

I have been working on a congratulations for your new home card for my niece. I may have already posted the front. The inside was suggested by my husband since we were gifting them a Home Depot gift card. The tools are from Digital Scrapbook and the ribbons and balloons from Creative Fabrica.

frontmerged600.jpg

inside600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Suzy said:

Here ya go, Susan, you can make your own!  But you should probably wait until Friday. 

Do any of these sound like your cats?

Advice from a Cat

always land on your feet
disdain the unworthy
meow softly
enjoy a good nap in the sun
be playful
stretch often
pounce on possibilities
be frisky
enjoy the hunt

leave presents for your loved ones
learn to chill
be independent
no one is purr-fect

These came from a website - myadviceforlife

Awesome!  I will gvie this a try.  these are great, thank you Suzy.

32 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

So, now I've finished the pictures of the Chattanooga Trip.  I've completed what will go on the front of the album and the first page.

ChattanoogaChooChoo-Opening_600.jpg

Chattanooga Trip Title Page_600.jpg

That song reminds me of my parents and their collection of the Time-Life records they had.  It's a great layout.  Looking forward to seeing the actual physical book you ge made.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

I've been busy making transparent alphas. With the help of Masterclass Alpha Making 2 I made the full upper and lower case alphabet and the digits, as well as some punctuation marks. Here I have posted some examples.

mclp_alpha_acrylic 01_1_600.jpg

mclp_alpha_acrylic 01_2_600.jpg

mclp_alpha_acrylic 01_3_600.jpg

These are beautiful.  I have a dumb question.  Is the font itself transparent? So that any layer below would show through? The look is really eye catching.  I'm going to check out that class.  I have been watching classes when I warm of for my workouts and seeing that the ones I saw when I first started I didnt really understand.  Now that I've learned more I understand the concepts of the tutorials better.  Enough to know that I can be successful at trying them.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mary, your album is incredible. I love, love the cover and all the information you’ve added. I think this is something I might want to duplicate, too, someday. SOMEDAY. But for now I feel as if I’ve had a complete travelogue of the city from you!  (I love the song, too, but I never knew the entire first stanza!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

So, now I've finished the pictures of the Chattanooga Trip.  I've completed what will go on the front of the album and the first page.

ChattanoogaChooChoo-Opening_600.jpg

Chattanooga Trip Title Page_600.jpg

I had to look up Glenn Miller's death date, and discovered that he disappeared in 1944! I didn't know that.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I had to look up Glenn Miller's death date, and discovered that he disappeared in 1944! I didn't know that.

It was on a plane crash as he and some of the band were on the way to perform for the troops. The plane was never found and it was assumed that it went down over the Atlantic Ocean - I believe he was on his way from England.  This was shown in the movie that was made about his life starring Jimmy Stewart as Glenn Miller and June Alyson as his wife.  I saw the movie but can't tell you when it was made - probably early or middle 1950's.

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 2